ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird noise at 110mph ...

Clio 182FF
Greets,

While on my private runway traveling at approximately 110mph and still accellorating a weird noise came from the back of the car. I get a noise like a raspy metal sound anyway which I believe to be the heatshield from the exhaust but this sounded like wind making a really loud whistle - like when you have a blade of grass in between your two thumbs and blow.

Seemed to come from the rear left of the car. Is air getting in somewhere, it's really offputting!

Clio 182FF
Yeah, it's weird. It could be from the front and just sounds like its coming from the back. I have checked all the rear seals/rubbers and they seem to be in ok. When you're at speed you don't want anything to break your concentration.

Arctic Blue 182
At that speed I get a load whistle through the air con vents, but not from the back..

Clio 182FF
It's never done it before which makes me think it's just something not pushed in tight etc...

Nothing under the car should/could make these noises?