ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird fluctuating revs from pedal.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Anyone experienced this?
I think it only happens when the engine is cold, I have a 2002 clio cup 172 and if i push the throttle pedal gently, the sort of pressure you would give when first pulling off in 1st my revs go up and down quickly, if i hold the throttle in that position the revs will continue to fluctuate up and down, about 300rpm up and down almost as if the ECU is getting confused . Its very strange. The first thing that springs to mind is maybe a problem with my pedal, like a dead spot on the Potentiometer.

Sam

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
When the engine is cold its on overrun, almost like an automatic choke to stop the car from stalling because it is cold. This fluctuation in revs will occur until the engine has warmed up. So it is totally normal what you are describing.

Alternativley I could just say "Cylinder head gasket" ;)

ClioSport 172 Cup
Still get this, sometimes when i pull off the car feels beautiful and snappy, other times it feels boggy and the car has always warmed up nicely when this happens. I'm starting to conclude that it might be a dead spot on the pedal, anyone else had this?..if you push the pedal down very carefully there is a point where the engine feels like its lacking power, rather than a smooth linear power delivery. Give the pedal a little bit more past this point and the engine feels alive again.