ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird drivers window/wipers fault. 182

I have a very strange issue when operating the drivers electric window switch UP: the wipers start working weakly, the window hardly moves, there are squeaky noises from the relays or control box over by the passenger footwell, and the immobiliser light starts flashing rapidly. As soon as I release the switch it all returns to normal.

All I can put it down to is the car being French and getting rather upset with the way the whole Brexit fiasco is going......makes sense to me!

However if anyone has a slightly more technical explanation I'd be very grateful to hear it.

Many thanks,
Andy

Sounds like a dodgy uch to me

I think this is the place to start as I had to relocate it slightly to fit the roll cage last year.
I will try cleaning all connections first.
I have seen there are ads for repairing or refurbishing the uch. Anyone had any experience of this

Just to report back on this thread.

I discovered BBA Reman are on the same road as our office! So took the UCH in for repair.
They tested it and could find no faults.
Although their tests are fairly exhaustive they obviously cannot categorically state that the old UCH had no issues.
It would have cost £50 to take the UCH back and pay for the tests, or £195 for a reconditioned UCH with all data transferred.
So I thought sod it, I'll go for the replacement and then I can rule that out.

Turns out their tests are pretty good as the UCH was not the problem!
However BBA Reman might be a good solution for anyone with a dodgy UCH, as the transfer of data definitely worked, the recon UCH recognised the key and the car started no problem.

So I still had the weird wiper/window switch issues.
I suspected I might have damaged some wiring when fitting the cage etc.
I pulled the relays out one by one, and when I got to the one that does the wipers and tail-lights the problem disappeared.....sorted I thought.
Repeated the test and the problem was still there.....bollox....realised it was just moving the relay wiring harness that was having an effect.
Checked all wiring for damage and couldn't find any.

Ended up with one of those shitty 'non-fixes' where I've clamped all the relevant components into position and the car works perfectly, but I've not found the real underlying fault...............guess it's just waiting until I go barrelling into Paddock Hill Bend at 120 mph to turn all the electrics off! French terrorist!