ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weight of wheels

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone here could kindly tell me what is the weight of the antracite 16" 182 wheels?

Also anyone know the weight of those oz-racing superlegerras 16" wheels?

Cheers.

320d
Don't know the exact weights off hand but the superleggs are about the lightest wheels around and look fantastic

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
oem 9.7kg without tyre.

No idea about the superlegs but my rota slipstreams are 6.3kg

Thanks for the info guys.

I just wanna see how much performance will i lose when i get 182 cup antracite wheels compared to stock 172 MK2 wheels. ALso wanna compare what superleggs 16" weigh.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Megane225FF
oz superleggera's
15 x 7 et37 = 10.7lbs = 4.9kg
16 x 7 et37 = 14.3lbs = 6.5kg
17 x 7 et37 = 15.1lbs = 6.9kg

PRO RACE 1
7.0 x 15 e+23 to e+48 98 - 120 3/4/5 from 6.1kg at highest offset
7.0 x 17 e+35 to e+50 98 - 120 3/4/5 from 7.3kg at highest offset
7.5 x 17 e+25 to e+53 98 - 120 3/4/5 from 8.3kg at highest offset
8.0 x 17 e+20 to e+45 98 - 120 3/4/5 from 9.0kg at highest offset

PRO RACE 2
7.0 x 15 15 - 40 From 6.4 kg at highest offset
7.0 x 16 15 - 45 From 7.0 kg at highest offset
7.0 x 17 15 - 50 From 7.5 kg at highest offset
7.5 x 18 35 - 53 From 8.2 kg at highest offset

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
I'm running 15" White Pro Race 2s (bc white makes them lighter...honest...) Cudnt believe how light they were when I picked them up, I'd peviously picked up some fox 17s for my mates focus... and the difference is scary.

-Akira

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info.

Wow those superleggs 16" sure are light. The OEM 182 Cup anthracite wheels are 9.7kg according to the post above. Is that a noticible improvement in performance? I have a 172 MK2.

Also do the 182 cup wheels look better or the superleggs in silver?

Gonna go for 16" on 205/45/16 rubber i think.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Hi Fred,

I see. Yeah i don't know but i am attracted to the 182 rims. The superleggs definitely looks good though but the only thing they cost a lot more over here in australia.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Gary G said:
the improvement is definately noticeable

Hey Gary,

You mean superleggs 16" will be noticibly better in terms of performance compared to stock 182 cup anthracite 16" rims?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Gary G said:
yes mate.

I'm running rota slipstreams (6.3kg) and the car feels much more agile.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the info. What wheels were you running previously? Also do you have a 172MK2 or a 182?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
182 mate. Prevously had the anthracite oem rims then went to rota grids, then the slipstreams

Gary G said:
182 mate. Prevously had the anthracite oem rims then went to rota grids, then the slipstreams

Hi Gary,

You don't like the oem anthracite rims? i personally think they look great:p

Cheers,
Kenn.

Guys,

If i from 195/45/16(stock 172 mk2 rims) to the 205//45/16 182 cup anthracite rims, will i notice a slowdown in acceleration?

p.s. anyone here know the weight of the 172 mk2 stock 16" rims?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Clio 197
Stock 172 Rims are 17kg incl tyre.

Stock 182 Rims are 18kg incl tyre.

Your rolling radius will be higher with the 205's, but they offer more grip.

omar said:
Stock 172 Rims are 17kg incl tyre.

Stock 182 Rims are 18kg incl tyre.

Your rolling radius will be higher with the 205's, but they offer more grip.

Hi Omar,

Thanks for the info. So if i change to 182 rims i won't tell any differences at all since its only 1kg per corner?

What does a greater rolling radius mean?
Slower?

Cheers,
Kenn.

So the turini's 16" are 8.4kg each. Is this considered light?

Lighter than stock 16" mk2 172 wheels i suppose?

Regards,
Kenn.

thedoc said:
I think its;
turini’s

16" 8.4kg (cast)
17" 9.2kg (flowformed)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
without a doubt the supperleggys are great rims, very soft tho, hence why i went thorugh 3 of them due to potholes.

E91 M Sport
Since the 17" superleggy's weigh so much less than the OEM 182 alloys, would there be a handling deficiency associated with the change? (Assume that both wheels/tyres are the same width)

Also, can someone post some pics of anthracite leggy's please!

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
..if its for the RS stick with 16x7 rather than opt for 17x7, its designed to use 16's. some say they dont notice the difference...they must be lacking in observation. drive an RS with 17's for a while then put the 16's back on, you will see my point.

M140i/Orange 182
what rims are these called?? will they affect handling because they are 17s? it mentions that it cust 24kg of the cars weight. i wanna get these when i get my 182 in december

E91 M Sport
haitch said:
..if its for the RS stick with 16x7 rather than opt for 17x7, its designed to use 16's. some say they dont notice the difference...they must be lacking in observation. drive an RS with 17's for a while then put the 16's back on, you will see my point.

Some countries got the Renaultsport with 15's...isn't the unsprung weight more important than the smaller/larger diameter?

lower profile tyres on the 17s will have less give making the ride harsher and more skittish, would have less sidewall flex so would work better on a very smooth road (not many of them ion this country though).
I do not know how much effect the fact that the rim is further from the centre of the wheel therefore creating a greater effect as the wheel spins? This may account for the steering feeling heavier and less responsive as the wheel size gets bigger.
It is complicated though unsprung weight is a big factor on a car as the suspension can work more effectively when there is less weight to control.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
..sure the mk1 & other countries have 15's, cup racers...15's. unsprung weight & wheel size factor in how the car handles, but unless your car is stripped eg GaryG most wouldnt notice the "unsprung weight" difference. i found with 17's superleggs that the ride was harsh (205/40/17) & acceleration wasnt as good, the car was skittish^, they looked good but handling is more important. choose a lightweight 16" multispoke alloy which suit the RS best imo, Rota, superleggs, pro-race, turini. as has been said many times 16's for go, 17's for show.

E91 M Sport
Imo, it's difficult to find 16" wheels that give the large(ish) apperance of the original 172 & 182 alloys, which I believe is down to the design of the spokes being so flat-facing. Even the turini's look slighty smaller.

Caterhams don't have 13" wheels for nothing though!

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
..check out the Rota slipstreams (rarerims.co.uk) as they have larger spokes if that is what you are looking for, also 15's & 16's look better when your car has some decent suspension. as for Caterhams they are a totally different car.

E91 M Sport
haitch said:
as for Caterhams they are a totally different car.

I realise that, but I was using it to backup your point:

Lightweight nimble cars ..... small wheels

Heavy powerful cars ..... large wheels

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule.

The slipstreams are a lovely looking wheel, but because they have a large lip with recessed spokes, they're still going to look more like 15" wheels when compared to the OEM alloys.

If its lowered you are OK with different 16" wheels but I know what you mean I think 182s with different wheels and not lowered look alot worse then with standard ie rims look to small.
Losing unsprung weight is beneficial regardless of total weight.
I suppose you take your choice performance or looks.

Suzuki SV1000S
No they are 15's in Pro race 1's - You can get pro race 1.2's and 2's in a 16" but they are heavier - Still bloody light though

Clio 197
k3nnis said:
Hi Omar,

Thanks for the info. So if i change to 182 rims i won't tell any differences at all since its only 1kg per corner?

What does a greater rolling radius mean?
Slower?

Cheers,
Kenn.

I suppose you wont really notice it too much... but every little helps as they say.

As for the rolling radius - yes a bigger RR means slower acceleration... but again it's a small % : again, you might not notice it.