ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight of a 182FF

S4 Avant
Had it on one of our suppliers weighbridge.

1153kg. Including general crap in the boot and a fuel lights worth of petrol.

Not sure the weight of one has ever been recorded?

S4 Avant
Ah, I fail.

I should have taken out my girlfriends crap before doing it. I swear the passenger side of the car is heavier.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
You'll have to try it again with a full tank and you inside it to get a guess at how much it weighs on a bad day! Having said that.. has you're rusty bean ever seen a full tank? ;) x

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
My FF was 1060kg on a weighbridge with a full tank of fuel. With track wheels and rear bench out it goes down to 1040kg.

Z4
Had it on one of our suppliers weighbridge.

1153kg. Including general crap in the boot and a fuel lights worth of petrol.

Not sure the weight of one has ever been recorded?

that's a bit poor tbh! Even if you were hitting the claimed power of 182bhp, it's only 159bhp/ton..

Realistically it's probably around 170bhp, so only 150bhp/ton, my old 172 cup was 170bhp/ton!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
170bhp would be a improvement if the last rolling road was anything to go by... :rasp:

S4 Avant
My FF was 1060kg on a weighbridge with a full tank of fuel. With track wheels and rear bench out it goes down to 1040kg.

Somethings not right there, you're 100kg short of something.

170bhp would be a improvement if the last rolling road was anything to go by... :rasp:

Excuse me? 177.8hp was the last rolling road, but yoooooou weren't there!

BG182®
I always thought it was around 1080kg.. Guess thats parkers for you then.

It hurts knowing my FF is this fat now!

Z4
It'll be about a fagpaper heavier than the poverty-spec (sorry, 'lightweight' Cup).

lol not at all, I had a few plays with the lard arse variety when I had my cup and the weight difference shows!

The 172 cup is around 1020kg, that's a considerable difference to the op...

130kg, that's 2 male passengers, I know I certainly used to feel a difference with just one passenger let alone 2!

BG182®
Plus not all cars put out the same power from factory. We've all seen incidents at rolling road meets where the one odd car performs better then the rest.

The last meet in Ipswich I went too, there was a standard Trophy putting out around 180bhp where as the modded 182's, 172's and Cups were all pushing out 160-170.

Golf GTD Mk7
iirc the 172 cup was 980kg standard. 182 cup and trophy are only 20kg heavier than the normal 182. 1140kg sounds a bit much, though it was more like 1080kg?

BG182®
182 cup and trophy are only 20kg heavier than the normal 182. 1140kg sounds a bit much, though it was more like 1080kg?

The 182 Cup's are heavier than a standard 182? Is it not the other way around? I also thought they weighed 1080kg tho!

S4 Avant
Apologies to those saying that a full fat should weigh less, I'll tell them their weigh bridge is broken.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Somethings not right there, you're 100kg short of something.

Well, I know weighbridges aren't the most accurate, but they're not 100kg inaccurate. And I didn't have to push it on because I'd taken the engine out.