ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend with a 2014 Z4

An orange one
So last November we were at a local charity do and there was an auction for various items. One of the items was a Z4 for the weekend of your choice, with all the money going to a local hospice I won the z4 at £140!

With today being my birthday I took a long weekend off work and picked up the car this morning, it's literally new. Had 350 miles on the clock and it's mineral white. It's a stunning looking machine, just the 2.0i but when your in pose mode it's irrelevant really.

Some pics from today.

7B456A2D-1519-42E8-9174-0B06D3B47F2E_zpse06ydoco.jpg

AD4AFCB2-96C2-4CE1-9D21-FFFB51CB7083_zps0mc6i1rh.jpg

72CE8302-DECD-4CDF-BD1F-09DA3C05D4CF_zpsonz2xcsr.jpg

7102B59A-BFD4-4B17-9F21-7045F8331E2B_zpsgzxmeet7.jpg

1D3B54CC-FBD5-474E-97D9-FDF5FC20D374_zpsfayl4pzf.jpg

341C6F27-2D01-458E-BDD3-9BF50270E5A1_zpsuvk6z9fs.jpg

9806B549-49C9-4019-80E2-0B1AA8C45FB0_zpsofhtsjss.jpg

69F25EE9-87C5-4F18-8FCE-9B6DDC6A73DA_zpsxmfwrrqb.jpg

5D809D6E-4449-4EAF-8DCB-FE4F6A118613_zpslxjfsuhb.jpg

lol ^^^

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
What the f**k is it with everyone on here looking nothing like they should do?

i personally would've just given them the money and drove the M135i lol.

Suzuki Jimny
What the f**k is it with everyone on here looking nothing like they should do?

i personally would've just given them the money and drove the M135i lol.

I pictured Colin as a 40+ bloke with a beer belly and a beard. Obviously slightly out from that guess...

An orange one
Tell you what though, this thing gets attention unlike any other car I've driven (Vee included)

Everyone seems to comment or stare at it. Last night went to the Chinese and a middle aged man and woman came out as I got out of the car and they stopped and asked me about it, saying how smart it was etc

Haha, you look totally different to what I pictured!
The Z4 looks like a cracking pose mobile - great roads + locations too!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I really do like these, but they seem to be depreciation magnets! I had a really decent 2.5 offered to me for silly money, but I didn't want to go for something slower. The 35i sounds great though so I wouldn't mind a drive out in one of those!

Looks cracking in the shots as said, and you look nothing like expected!

An orange one
I'm worried about what people expected me to look like!!!

Mineral white is an anazing colour, I'm actually gutted that dads changed his order to alpine white.

I specced up a 35is last night to £54k!!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I'm worried about what people expected me to look like!!!

Mineral white is an anazing colour, I'm actually gutted that dads changed his order to alpine white.

I specced up a 35is last night to £54k!!
I didn't realise you were 18 for a start.
Taller and slimmer than you should be.

Also, where the f**k are your mum/misses/child minder arms?
341C6F27-2D01-458E-BDD3-9BF50270E5A1_zpsuvk6z9fs.jpg

An orange one
Are the seats as good as they look @ColinG?

Nice and supportive rob but i find after half an hour I get monumental lower back pains. Definately needs the optional lumber support. So in that respect the ones in the 1 series are in a different league.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Superb looking cars! I also expected you to be dressed in some Barbour jacket and Hunters, lol.

An orange one
Well thats it dropped back off, and I immediately welcomed having 320hp back under my foot.

However, im already missing the whole top down experience, after having sat in a new 4 convertible in the showroom, im going back for a test drive in the near future lol...

Z4
Lovely looking thing, I still get randoms asking me about my car, staring etc, and it's 10 years old. Red leather helps no doubt.

I think I'll get a 35i at some point once it hits the slow depreciation zone! I almost got a 335i but I literally felt invisible driving it.

DB.

BMW 440i
Couldn't have a pocket rocket like that, but the colour is awesome! Love the colour!

An orange one
I have just seen that broadspeed are doing the 35iS which is the twin turbo 1M engined version, with 340hp for £14k off list, brand new factory order!

I cant own 2, 2 seater cars though surely! That would just get annoying!

Not a 320d
Nice ColinG

I was looking at these recently. How bad is the ride with 19's?

Also how was the 2.0i ? Was it acceptable? I know it must be torture coming from yours but did you get in and think holy f**k this is properly s**te.

And the Chassis? Would this be like driving an e93? - as in the thing twists round a corner and suffers from appalling scuttle shake?

Not a 320d
I have just seen that broadspeed are doing the 35iS which is the twin turbo 1M engined version, with 340hp for £14k off list, brand new factory order!

I cant own 2, 2 seater cars though surely! That would just get annoying!

Exactly. The real dilema for me would be fitting an xmas tree in the thing and getting garden furnature etc home from b and q

An orange one
Nice @ColinG

I was looking at these recently. How bad is the ride with 19's?

Also how was the 2.0i ? Was it acceptable? I know it must be torture coming from yours but did you get in and think holy f**k this is properly s**te.

And the Chassis? Would this be like driving an e93? - as in the thing twists round a corner and suffers from appalling scuttle shake?

Ride is busy, I got used to it though by today. The 2.0i wasn't unbearable by any means, although if you made it work it could get thirsty. I'm just spoilt by 6 cylinder cars now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love that. In fact, that's the only new shape BMW I like!

(You look like Colins son though, not Colin)