ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wee prang, advice on whats wrong

a burnt one
The other day, i reversed out the drive, put it into first gear and away i went down the wee hill, tried to turn the roundabout but due to ice, it didnt turn, went sideways on into a massive kerb and crunch!!

Both passenger side wheels kerbed, i took it into the garage to be checked over and they say there's nothing wrong, however im not convinced.

I shall hit you with what i know, any advice much needed.

It drives fine in a straight line
It drives fine round corners at low speeds
It drives fine in a straight line at high speeds

There is a slight knocking, when turning in either direction, round corners at high speed, by high speed i mean motorway speeds and not really corners but more bends if you will.

The garage is unlikely to have road tested the car but just put it on ramps and gave it a quick once over, as the driver of the car im better placed to say when something is wrong as i have a better feel for it, its like a small knocking but doesnt seem to be coming from the side that took the hit, its more in the way of a knock and a vibration which i feel at the pedals and through my seat.

Theres no play or vibration through the wheel, it seemed at first that the exhaust was blowing and this was the cause of the vibration through the seat but it has since been checked and im told its fine.

so, any ideas on what it could be??

Track rod ends?
C.V boot?
Wishbone?

All things im sure the garage would have checked but without driving may have went un-noticed.

a burnt one
Not tried anything yet, the garage checked my tracking when they had it, im asuming they didnt balance any wheels as that is usually done when changing tyres.

Im gonna revert back to standard and get rid i think, ive got no faith in it going round corners any more, that golf gttdi will be coming sooner rather than later me thinks.

Hopefully when the exhaust is changed and the standard wheels are back on and it's passed the M.O.T the problem has gone, i wouldnt want to sell a dud.