ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

webcam conflict?

Ive recently installed an El Nastio webcam and my computer occasionally reboots when I try and use it :(

Are there any good ways of tracing just what is causing the conflict? This is really pissing me off!

Steve

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
What make is the webcam ? What operating system are ya using it with .

Also are you on msn , yahoo using the webcam ?

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
raf182 said:
XP ProSP2

er...Sweex is the make!

Using it with MSN..trying to!

Hmmmmm . What model is it . I'm assuming you have a plenty of memory in your pc ? Have you got the latest driver from sweexs website .

Theres a section on updating the driver and firmware .

Just a quickie , if you are gonna update the firmware, make sure you get the exact one cos once you install it , it is usually irreverseable .

http://www.sweex.com/content.asp?dataID=2126

Or you could try e mailing them , telling them what the problem is . It might be a known issue for your model of webcam and they might be able to advise you of a fix .

MrBillyUK !

Yup, havnt tried the firmware as yet but updated he drivers and that made no difference.

Somethig a simple as dis-connecting the USB lead or trying to start a vid convo in MSN makes the PC instanly reboot! Im lening toward a fauty camera to be honest now :(

cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
raf182 said:
Yup, havnt tried the firmware as yet but updated he drivers and that made no difference.

Somethig a simple as dis-connecting the USB lead or trying to start a vid convo in MSN makes the PC instanly reboot! Im lening toward a fauty camera to be honest now :(

cheers

Can you try the webcam on another pc , see is it f*cks that 1 up ?? Process of elimination .

Could be a dodgy cam tho' .

Try e mailing them .

MrBillyUK !