ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web site building help?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
am building my very first web site and its going very slow. im after some help.

www.lazershows.co.uk

im using joomla and i downloaded template equalizer from here -

http://www.siteground.com/joomla-hosting/joomla15-templates.htm?page=12

i have a few questions -

1 - at the top is the multi coloured equalier bar thing, would someone be able to fade in my "lazershows" logo behind it?
if yes how would i go about uploading that to replace the existing one?

2 - in the equalizer bar it says lasershows in lower case. in my site settings it reads "Lasershows" with a capital. when i upload other templates it comes out as a capital but not in this one. editable or not?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
1 - at the top is the multi coloured equalier bar thing, would someone be able to fade in my "lazershows" logo behind it?
if yes how would i go about uploading that to replace the existing one?

2 - in the equalizer bar it says lasershows in lower case. in my site settings it reads "Lasershows" with a capital. when i upload other templates it comes out as a capital but not in this one. editable or not?

If you faded your lazershows banner behind it and then had the extra text on top of it (The text that you want the capital 'L' on) then it would look quite confusing
Anyway, to change it you would have to navigate to http://www.lazershows.co.uk/templates/siteground-j15-15/images/ on your webhosting and replace the current headerhv.gif with the new one

headerhv.gif

I believe the answer to 2 will be solvable in the css

14' Leon Cupra 280
background:none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color:#DDDDDD;
font-family:Arial,Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif;
font-size:36px;
font-weight:normal;
letter-spacing:1px;
margin:0;
outline:medium none;
padding:0;
text-decoration:none;
text-transform:lowercase;

Find that and remove it :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

Find that and remove it :)

top man it worked..........

still not sure if this is the template for me though

BMW 330ci Clubsport
That is awesome. Only problem is flash slows down pc's a far amount, especially old ones

Just think simplicity is key, don't try to over load it!

Oh and Joomla is quite a good choice, but if you cant find any themes you like for it then have a look at cms made simple, which is an alternative

Edit: You could just replace the header with your own banner

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
That is awesome. Only problem is flash slows down pc's a far amount, especially old ones

Just think simplicity is key, don't try to over load it!

Oh and Joomla is quite a good choice, but if you cant find any themes you like for it then have a look at cms made simple, which is an alternative

Edit: You could just replace the header with your own banner

i know simple is best but i want awesomeness and cool.

how would i replace that banner with my own??
sorry this is my first build

dont have a clue what cms is??

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Sorry mate, CMS stands for Content Management System, which is just what systems like Joomla are called (Where you can update pages from an admin page on the site itself)

Here's a quick banner I Made up for you which will fit where that one is now. If you want to put it up (It will look better on a black background because of the transparent parts)

You'd need to save the image (bellow) as "header.gf". Then go to /templates/siteground-j15-15/images/ on your webhosting and replace the header.gif that is already in there (You might want to back it up first)

Then to get rid of the text (Which you just spent time getting the capital at the beginning on :rasp:) Then find (Again):

And add "display: none;" to the end of it so it looks like

display: none;

headerw.gif

Edit: Actually the "display: none;" bit might be wrong, try it and check for me haha. It may get rid of the header completely :eek:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sadly its not, ive searched high and low for it.

not to worry ill have to live with it for now.

how did you get my banner to be transparant? that one there now dont look the best. it would be good to lose that layer over the top and keep transparant

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sorry,

if you look at the banner current at the top of my site the edges/whole thing is transparant. this is the one you did for me.

but when i upload my original banner its not transparant.

so how did you do this?

SLK 350
Nice looking site so far, what have you built it with?

Noticed on your homepage that the image of you standing in front of the rainbow spectrum isn't linked to the correct image [the rest of them are OK].