ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

We Want Any Car

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Lol.ive just entered my car details onto this web site,just out of curiosity more than anything,and they said yes!!!,we will buy your car.Bearing in mind ive been honest...y reg,112k miles,small dent in door..etc,£320.....320.I could sell the exhaust and 5 alloys for that much,what rip off merchants.

What did you expect? They're a business and to them it's just an old Clio.

It's barely worth a grand anyway. Lol.

Chocolate Orange 172
Same as "We Buy Any Car", all those companies screw you over!!

For example, my missus's MGF she had, WBAC quoted her £210 and she sold it for £1,600, and my Nissan Micra I had before my RS Clio they offered me £310 (more than an MGF???) and I sold it for £750!

Where is the sense in that!!

M135i
My mate sold his clio to them for £300. Granted the paint work was fooked as was the engine but I said to him I would of gave him 300 but he had already got rid of it as he just wanted a quick sale

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
it's the same as trading in a car, your dealing with a business they are not going to give you anywhere market value. They buy of you cheap and sell on to car dealers quickly making some profit then the car dealer makes more profit when they sell it again.

I think the best one I've had was I was offered £400 trade in on my old BM a few years ago against a brand new car - I sold it privately for £1800....

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
The reason behind my price checking is because i`d seen an alfa 156 on ebay for 1195 and thought could i swap....but its dawning on me how much my heap of junk is really worth.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
this is reason why people who can be bothered are now stripping and selling their old car's in parts - depending on the car your stripping you can make more money than selling it whole (I know I did).

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
My mechanical knowledge is limited plus i have no drive/garage to store it....with the k-tec exhaust,5 alloys,rs stamped inlet,...etc i`d strip it if i could.

LOL at them being rip off merchants. You think they just buy for £320, sell it for say, 800 and make a clear cut profit of 480? There is a load of other costs involved before selling the car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. How are they ripping you off? They're going to buy it at trade price.

It's only worth about a grand anyway.

182 RB FF
Why are you surprised?

Do you really expect them to offer you the price you sold it for so they can hold on to it for months on end? or make a loss on it?

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Why are you surprised?

Do you really expect them to offer you the price you sold it for so they can hold on to it for months on end? or make a loss on it?

Exactly. Also, a lot of people just want a quick, hassle free sale despite taking a financial hit on their car.

I would only use these companies if I was desperate. Patience is a virtue.