ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water under seat - Help?

MK1 Clio Versailles
Last fortnight or so, I lifted my front seat (three door model) and noticed a puddle of water on the carpet.

After inspecting the roof, I could find no obvious places where it had been leaking. After soaking up the water, it returned after some rain, but I still couldn't work out how.

Anyway, I lifted the back seats up and as the photos show:

leak1.JPG

This is a picture of the floor where the water is sitting. As you can see today it'ls not too bad, as I've had t-shirts soaking it up. It only occurs under/behind my drivers seat.

leak3.JPG

I noticed some parts of the rear seats were damp including the belts. After lifting it up and the carpet in the boot, I could see water, but only in small amounts. If you look carefully you can see water round the belts.

leak4.JPG

Sadly I can't lift the carpet up, and there are no signs of holes underneath the car. There is also a bad smell when you enter the car. (I can't source this problem either, because I've been sniffing around and the water doesn't appeal to smell, however it seems to occur from the boot!) I've cleaned the water from the boot (what little bits there were) and I noticed small trickles today, but nothing substantial that could cause a huge puddle on the carpet.

Has anyone had this problem and any ideas what the hell it is?

Cheers!

cock mobile.
I had a similar problem on my old mk1 clio back in the day, it was the washer cable to the rear window, had broke and kept leaking in somehow.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Is that the black cable that runs under the seat. I noticed a bit of water under there. More so how on earth it could cause a huge puddle under the seat, I don't know!

cock mobile.
I can't remember mate, was years ago, but mine defo smelled a bit soapy, so I could tell it was something to do with the washer cable

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You are so shocked by the power of the car that you have been secretly wetting yourself,but you have been going too fast to notice...

ian

MK1 Clio Versailles
I can't remember mate, was years ago, but mine defo smelled a bit soapy, so I could tell it was something to do with the washer cable

Oh, well this doesn't smell soapy, it smells of horrible damp. Quite potent it is when you first get in the car.