ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water pump pully rotation direction (can it be reversed)

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
evening all,

I’ve removed the power steering, AC and tensioner from the aux belt set up on my 172 track car.

My new setup has the belt running over the top of the pully like picture 1 (not my car)
The origional setup was with the belt running under the pully like in picture 2 (also not mine)

Picture 1
967498f925958bfee4368bb74ab09015.jpg

Picture 2
492147edbdd707d85a99374dbf1e1dcf.jpg

This obviously reverses the direction of the pully, does it matter? The water will run the oppisite way round the system but I can’t see that being an issue.

I’ve run it up to temperature and everything works as it should, fan kicks in, water is flowing etc but there’s a faint rattle noise and i’m not sure if it’s the pump or one of the many loose bolts etc that are floating around while I redo a few things.

Has anyone done this before and will it cause an issue on my next track day?

Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182 2005
They both rotate the same direction. Fingers twiddled[emoji118][emoji117][emoji115][emoji116]

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Thanks for your help guys,

Turns out I’m a complete moron!

I’ll close this down to hide my shame!