ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Pump pulley

182 Turbo
Has anyone tackled the water pump recently and knows if it’s physically possible to put the pulley back on with the pump installed? I’m looking for tips and tricks if anyone knows how to do this, I’ve spent an hour trying but the pulley won’t go back on there isn’t enough room :( really don’t wanna pull the pump body itself back out as I put silicone on the gasket which means new gasket. I’ve jacked the car up to it’s highest point and lowest point but can’t get the damn pulley back on

Has anyone tackled the water pump recently and knows if it’s physically possible to put the pulley back on with the pump installed? I’m looking for tips and tricks if anyone knows how to do this, I’ve spent an hour trying but the pulley won’t go back on there isn’t enough room :( really don’t wanna pull the pump body itself back out as I put silicone on the gasket which means new gasket. I’ve jacked the car up to it’s highest point and lowest point but can’t get the damn pulley back on
You need to bend the metal flap out of the way with pliers or mole grips then you can get the pulley on.

What metal flap mate? A piece attached to the body of the car?
yeah part thats nearest the pulley
WATERPUMP_006.jpg

dan's cast offs.
Off top of my head it goes in from above/behind. Not 100% as I'm on autopilot when I do them but whatever way it's dead easy.

182 Turbo
Off top of my head it goes in from above/behind. Not 100% as I'm on autopilot when I do them but whatever way it's dead easy.
Ive got to tell you mate, ive jacked the engine up to its highest point, wont fit, lowest point wont fit, removed alternator to slide in from the front wont fit, tried to slide it from the back (and theres no crank pulley & plastic cover there) and still wont fit, whether these cars have slight deviance in the amount of space there is i dont know, but im pretty sure its not going in unless i start bending metal

dan's cast offs.
110% it goes in easy, will try and make a note of what way i put them in from next time.