ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Pump Price?

1.2 16v Dynamique
I have a leak in the engine bay, drivers side, that I believe to be the water pump. How much would this cost to get replaced all in? Am I right in saying the belt needs to be done as well? I need a few things done on this car so I'm two minds whether to get these things done, part-ex or sell it to we buy any car.

Thanks guys.

Golf GTD Mk7
Belt will come off for it (something has to drive it ;)). Is this on a 1.2? Not sure on the cost sorry, but sports are around £250-300 to replace belt kit/pump iirc.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Yeh I thought as much, it is a 1.2 yes :p Cheers mate, anyone any idea how much the replacement belt+pump will cost on a 1.2? If not, any idea on labour costs as I could buy the parts? Is it a 2/3 hour job?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
possible about 350 coolant aux belt water pump and cambelt kit takes about 2 hours not sure on book time

PH1 Track Car
depending on how much labour the garage charges you could be looking between 40-60 per hour +vat, plus the cost of your parts
also depending on your last cambelt change it might be worth having that done at the same time?
its difficult to say a price as i dont know whether your replacing just the water pump, or also the aux belt kit and the cambelt kit
best bet is to decide what your actually going to replace, and then get a reputable garage to give you a quote then come back here and ask people whether they think it is a good quote or not :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Interesting, I've just been quoted by a mechanic my Father knows £295 all in, which isn't too bad? Belts, pump, labour etc...

It's a shame you are in Bedford!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
£300 on a D4F? Fek me, i'm not charging enough.... I bang these 1.2 16v's out and do timing belt kit and water pump for £180 for CS members