ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water pump gone

Coupe/Defender V8
Hi guys n gals

Couple days ago aux belt started squeeling on turnover. Didn't think much of it but today I've
just noticed coolant in the belt area looks like the waterpump seals have gone.

Aux belt / tensioners / cambelt were changed last july.

My question is - is it advised to change the tensioner and belt again when changing the pump or not bother as it's not that long since?

ta

340i
Well that's been on for say 10months?

I would change to whole aux belt kit and water pump for the price.. and piece of mind?!

Have you not got the cup set-up fitted?

Coupe/Defender V8
it's a modified alternator. I'm not sure if it's using the cup belt (am I right in thinking they're slightly shorter?). I will be checking.

I thought as much just thought I'd ask as it's a bit unexpected. Will defo change the belt

Ta

340i
It wont just be a cup belt... will be a full set up, the cup doesn't use tensioners as such, it uses a manual "nut and bolt" set-up to tension the belt

Does yours still retain the aircon?

Coupe/Defender V8
No, the aircon was removed with the delete kit. Although a standard alternator was modified, I'm unsure at the moment whether I have the manual tensioner from the cup etc. (at a guess i'd say I'd probably have to of?) Will check later