ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water pump gone? 1999 1.2

Clio 1.2 1999
Well, once again my son's car is in "the garage" (i.e. on my drive!)
This time it's a major water leak.I've had it up on the ramps and the leak seems to be
coming from behind what I assume is the crankshaft pulley. It's a double pulley with grooves
and the water is coming from behind the inner, larger pulley. As there is a loud rattling/klunking
noise coming from this area with the engine running, I assume the water pump is disintegrating?

If I'm right, it doesn't look to me like a job for the home mechanic so has anybody any idea what it might cost
to have it replaced in a proper garage? Also, I've noticed the cam-belt is out of date so while the garage are working in that area
what sort of cost would it be to have that replaced?

Sorry to ask these sorts of questions which a garage can answer but these things always seem to happen on a Sunday when garages are shut!

Thanks,

Malc

Clio 1.2 1999
Just a follow-up. It was the water pump and even with a Haynes manual it was beyond me, so I took it to my local garage who fitted new pump, cambelt and aux belts, new bit of hose, anti-freeze for £290.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Holy fek, I thought I was expensive on the 1.2 with new water pump at £230 using genuine Renault parts... time to price increase!