ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water pump change.

Going to tackle changing the water pump this week.

As I'm at work with out the car can anyone tell me what bolts hold it on? I know they are torx but no what size.
Also any tips before I tackle it?

I've got a cup setup so it should make life abit easier!

Cheers

Lionel Richie
E8 male torx, utter bellend of a job, plastic cambelt cover will be the most annoying part, oh and you have to bend a bit of metalwork to get them out, good luck!!!

The gasket was all broken up on mine & mostly stuck to the pump. One of the bolts rounded off so I had to remove the head off it then get the thread out last. Hunting for a bolt before I fill it up again now!

4BFB369A-1963-4DD7-9914-070344232B8E.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I don't remember it being as bad as Fred says.

That plastic cover is complete anus though. Makes putting the new gasket in difficult. If you haven't already done it, get some loctite gasket removed and it will come of fairly easy. ECP is the cheapest for it.

Yeh M7, basically no one stocks them.

Filled it up with water and it leaked, so took it back off again and managed to split the gasket.

Going to get a set of M7 bolts and a new gasket tomorrow and tackle it again, I'll get it right this time! Lol

Only took me 25minutes this time to go from it running to removing the pump :)

Clio 172 (CUP)
Yeh M7, basically no one stocks them.

Filled it up with water and it leaked, so took it back off again and managed to split the gasket.

Going to get a set of M7 bolts and a new gasket tomorrow and tackle it again, I'll get it right this time! Lol

Only took me 25minutes this time to go from it running to removing the pump :)
Just recently did mine, come to fill it up tonight ready to start up after a full service and some other bits, and mine too started pishing out water [emoji20] . No time tonight to remove it (and I agree it is a ball ache of a job), but just in case I need one, where do you get the separate gasket from - can't see any on eBay or ECP, is this a dealer only then? Got to get this thing ready for an MOT next Sat [emoji26]

Clio 172 (CUP)
Yep, well I totally screwed up the first gasket, live and learn as they say. Hopefully got another coming today from Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton. I can't get to an ECP or similar during the week to get some gasket remover, can anyone suggest what else can clean the old hardened gasket off which I'm still finding traces of?

Also, I'm guessing no additional sealer should be used given how well this stuff sticks?

Yep, well I totally screwed up the first gasket, live and learn as they say. Hopefully got another coming today from Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton. I can't get to an ECP or similar during the week to get some gasket remover, can anyone suggest what else can clean the old hardened gasket off which I'm still finding traces of?

Also, I'm guessing no additional sealer should be used given how well this stuff sticks?

if it makes you feel better I did the same, I just used a Stanley knife to clear the old gasket.

I also used a dab of loctite blue, it's like a gasket sealant that doesn't go off iirc.