ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water less coolant

RS200 Cup
Hi everyone,
Just wondered what your thoughts and experiences with using no water coolant liquid ??
Looking at Evans power cool 180!
Thanks.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Mixed reviews from what I’ve heard.

I’ve never had issues with using standard coolant on cars for track.

That evans stuff is just another money spinner IMO.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
No need, coolant is cheap and easy to replace and more than effective. If you ever have an issue with the waterless stuff you’re screwed as you can’t top it up in an emergency.
I’ve never seen any substantial benefit to using any kind of waterless coolant to justify using it.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Previous owner had it put in my Impreza and I never had any issues. But they are pretty known for headgasket issues. I wouldnt use it in a clio imo

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Defo banned for some American tracks. Dunno about here. And given I've never had a bonnet lifted I'm not sure how they would know.

I hope it’s not banned on tracks half the MG race series use it in there race cars, good old rover k series aye 😂😂

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Haha 100%. To be fair I raced a k series engined car for 6 years and the headgasket never failed on any of them.

RS200 Cup
Thanks for your comments.
I have a few mates that use it in their Meglio and nova track cars.
Sounds like no point really in a rs200 👍

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tow of my mates run it on their track cars. 172 and an MX5. No idea why.

But They’ve never had an issue. It’s very odd being able to undo the lid after 30 minutes on track! 😂

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
I run it in my Clio v6 it was recommend as it does no miles and not being water would protect the internals from rusting etc better.

The issue I find with it is that the car does not like to idle for long periods I.e if u leave it running on the mot ramp u have to blip the throttle otherwise the engine temp starts to rise, it must be thicker I assume.