ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water in spare wheel well??

Was looking through my car trying to elimminate some rattles at the weekend when i took out the spare wheel to find the insulation underneath to be saturated in water so i took it all out to dry off and so i could keep an eye if i got a puddle or if it was just condensation.

Had a look again today and there is a puddle , trying to find where it tracks from is pretty difficult as nothing seems to be damp but managed to trace it back to the drivers side of the boot from the rear corner. My first thorts where maybe some how leaking from the light cluster , but that is fairly well sealed and besides is on the outer skin of the car.

Anyone else had this problem before or any ideas where the water could be leaking from ? I found a thread about someones rear window leaking but thats not a problem with mine.

The only thing in the area i think it could be coming from is a gromit that is positioned on the body work between the light cluster and the boot door rubber seel. . I tink its where the boot door rests on with rubber pads when closed. ??

Clio 172 CUP
Mine did this not too long ago...i think it was the boot seal not pushed on tight. pushed it on tight all the way round.. works for now?:D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
check your gromit on that side is in place - mine had worked loose and was letting a little water in

cheers guys ill check the seal is tight on all the way round tomorrow, may look into replacing the grommet from halfrauds or something as it seemed bit loose when i inspected it earlier