ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in fog light - Best way to remove?

172 Cup
Hi Guys,

Noticed about 1cm of water in one of my fog lights. Whats the best thing to do, remove the water and try find the leak where the water is getting in and patch it up, or just replace the fog light all together?

Is it a bumper off job to remove the fog light?

Cheers

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Wheel off.. Arch liner out and remove. Or if you have tiny little hands and fingers on the bottom of the arch liner there is a flap for changing bulbs.

you could heat a tiny pin up with a lighter and pop it through the lens at the lowest level of the water so it runs out . then any further water in their will run straight out.. bit of a bodge but you wont even be able to see it.. i did it to a mates van at work for him and its never had water in again..

172 Cup
ah ok cool thanks for confirming, i will take a look over the weekend. think its worth trying to fix the leak or just replacing the fog light?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Drill a tiny hole in the bottom of the lamp. All the water will come out and you won't get any more build up of water.