ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in drivers footwell

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Got water in phase 2 mk1 172 footwell drivers side removed bungs from chassis 3 of and no water came out. Scuttle seems to drain well left and right. Car had been siting for a while took it out today and now noticed puddle any ideas?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Did you pour water down the scuttle? Or have you removed it and checked? As I had the same issue last month and it turned out to be a blocked drain plug under the wiper scuttle. But when I took it out I found that if you pour water into it the force would open the little flap up even though there was crud around it, so like rain water would cause it to block as there wasn't enough force in it

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Did you pour water down the scuttle? Or have you removed it and checked? As I had the same issue last month and it turned out to be a blocked drain plug under the wiper scuttle. But when I took it out I found that if you pour water into it the force would open the little flap up even though there was crud around it, so like rain water would cause it to block as there wasn't enough force in it
Do i have to remove wipers to acess this centre pipe? Water comes out drivers side and passenger side should i see some coming from the middle drain as well? I cant find the flap is it hard to find?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah wipers have to come off to remove the scuttle.
All I could find was a little gromet under the heater thing about the size of a 2p which has a flap on it. I took it out and have it a clean and the rest of that bit of body work for leaves etc. it's just that flap is easily opened if you pour a watering can down there, but gentle rain water won't open it if it is blocked

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Yeah wipers have to come off to remove the scuttle.
All I could find was a little gromet under the heater thing about the size of a 2p which has a flap on it. I took it out and have it a clean and the rest of that bit of body work for leaves etc. it's just that flap is easily opened if you pour a watering can down there, but gentle rain water won't open it if it is blocked
Also i remember this has happened after jet washing it

Clio 172 RS ph1
remove the wipers, then get out the 2 plastic trims there should be 2 holes, 1 each side, mine had a lot of dirt over there, clean all the dirt and make sure the hole can be seen.
also for a good clean, remove the arch liner and clean all the dirt from there.

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
My word how much dirt was in the wheel arch liner !! Also cleared the centre drain hole so hopefully all cleared now:)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Seem to have the same issue, the car is garaged and not been taken out in a year so gave it a wash and I assume with the pressure washer the amount of water was too much for the drain to cope and overflowed back into the cab. I will investigate again but the car has been outside for the past few days in the rain and I cant see any sign of water ingress so can only assume using the pressure washer and the amount of water at the time is what's caused this.