ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Filter use

RS Clio 200
Hi,

I want to purchase a water filter. I’m looking at either the Monza refillable or aqua gleam throwaway. Can anyone advise me of experience with either and how to use one please? Do they have to be used in a special way or anything?

I’m guessing you do a final rinse down with one after you’ve rinsed with a normal hose?

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh - straight forward final rinse only

Google DI resin filters, loads available, usually much cheaper from places that supply window cleaners

I got an 11ltr vessel full of Tulsion MB115 resin for about £110

RS Clio 200
I can see a 6.9 ltr and 11 ltr vessel options, which is better for a car please?

The bigger the vessel the longer the resin will last, however it will cost more to fill it !

I bought a water hardness tester so I could check when the resin was nearing the end of its life

RS Clio 200
Ah, cool, I see, thank you. I can’t work out what the difference is with some of the resins. They are different prices for the same weight, only difference I can see is brand. Will do some googling!

RS Clio 200
Hi, when filling a DI vessel, do you fill with water first or resin? And do you have to let the water sit in the vessel for a while or can you use straight away?

Cheers,

Hi

Fill with resin leaving enough room for the top /centre pipe to re- inserted then connect the water, I always run it's for a min then used.

RS Clio 200
Thank you! Much appreciated. Going to use it for the first time this morning.

RS Clio 200
Used water filter this morning. Got 0 ppm using tulsien resin, very pleased with the results! Need to get the metro sidekick blaster next to finish the job off. Question, is the resin ok sat in the tank full of water? Don’t need to drain between use do I?

Cheers,

Used water filter this morning. Got 0 ppm using tulsien resin, very pleased with the results! Need to get the metro sidekick blaster next to finish the job off. Question, is the resin ok sat in the tank full of water? Don’t need to drain between use do I?

Cheers,

I just tipped mine up and run some of the water out then put it away till next time

Just watch were you store it in winter as you don’t want it freezing up

RS Clio 200
Great thanks, will be in garage during winter which never goes below 7 degrees so should be fine from a freezing point of view. Will try and tip the water out without losing the resin! Cheers for your advice!

Great thanks, will be in garage during winter which never goes below 7 degrees so should be fine from a freezing point of view. Will try and tip the water out without losing the resin! Cheers for your advice!

When I say tip it up I mean drain some water off through the hose connection, no chance of loosing any resin.