ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Blades?

Clio 182
they are fine - i use mine to get the majority of the water off, then use a chamois for the rest of the car.

The only way you'd cause any scratches with one is if you hadn't washed and rinsed the car well enough - there is no other reason, grit is a lot less likely to stick to silcone than a chamois!

best to go over the missed bits with a chamois just to give it a nicer finish, you might leave small streaks if you only use the blade.

Nick

edit - and to answer the main question, I use mine everytime i wash my car, which doesn't even have any paint swirls on it, let alone scratches that the water blades "cause"

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've used one for years , never had a problem , cuts down the dryin time by hell of alot , then just finish with a waffle weave towel .

ITB BG 182
dont bother with the blade thing mate someone washd my car so called "Professionally" an nw i need some one to PC it again...........

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I personally wouldn't bother.

You'd be amazed at the number of cars I've seen that have been treated with lots of care that still have damage inflicted from waterblades. It only takes one tiny bit of grit to be loosened during the rinsing process or slashed back onto the car to cause some quite impressive damage.

Even the F40 we did in the gallery suffered from these :(

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yup, I now use two Sonus drying towels on mine - one for a quick once over and this ends up thoroughly soaked, and a second for the final drying to make sure it's all nice and dry and spot-free...