ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water base iceberg silver problem!!

willy 2, v6 ph1, 5 turbo.
just brought my vee to local body shop there a few days ago, wanted to get the back bumper re-painted, had a bad scuff/scrape on it, the body shop is a big one so they know what there doing they have been painting water base for quite a while, anyways... they rang me today to tell me to come up and look at the color charts, all the varyations of "mv640" iceberg silver, and none of them matched the car anywhere,,:( and the car was never hit, i have a small bit of solvent base for it i got ages ago for touch ups before water base came in, and its a perfect match!!! but cant get solvent base anywhere anymore:(
any ideas anybody? has it anything to do with the vee been painted in sweden,
did anybody with iceberg 172/182s or vee come across this before???:S

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
the bloke at renault was tellin me this before its all because paints just arnt Oil based anymore. you could try searching google for some information n then find some were that can suply you with oil based paint. thats my 2p's worth dunno if its any use im a r****d