ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wat shock/dampers are best wid apex 40mm

clio rs
im really like the look of apex 40mm drop, but wat the best way to make them more comfort or soft...wat wud go best, and how much will they cost

wat he sez init, jus stik to standrd damprs they will suffice. jus replace them when they wear out only like 45 a corner init bro

ValverInBits
^^ lol ownage.

You can run apex on standard shocks. I hear they are not too comfy on ride, but if you wanna go lower, stop being such a shandy and deal with it ;)

Hi all,

Im also considering getting some 40mm Apex springs as I like the look and the prices are pretty reasonable.

I was intending on running the 40mm lowered with the standard 172 dampers. Ive heard that this is fine, but ive also heard that as the dampers will still travel further, there is a possibility of the springs popping out on the back? Though I dont know how true this is.

Do the rear springs fix solidly into the 172?

Cheers

Gav
(MK2 Ph1 172)

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
On a 40mm drop the spring will not pop out the back, unless you get some serious air!

Apex will work fine with your standard shocks although it could considerably shorten their life.

Most people opt for Eibach pro or sportlines as they are a much higher quality spring and will not shag the shocks.

End of the day you get what you pay for. When it comes to suspension you should always spend as much as you can afford.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apex=shite. Ride is awful, turns the car into a pogo-stick on bumpy b-roads. Eibach's or coilovers.

well im selling a Apex suspension 40mm kit , shocks are 58mm spacing and 40mm springs its was on my 53 plate 1.2 Clio

£110.00 collected

Cheers for the advice,

Think ill go Eibach then, plan on replaceing the shocks eventually but gotta do the cambelt first and i dont own a money tree :(

TTRS & V50
just looked up, pro is 30 all round, sportline is 45 front 30 back :S

think im gonna get some apex's just springs, untill fk's are affordable !