ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wat do you use to D/l stuff?

Polo + Micra
newsleecher was given a free password.

going back to p2p would be like going back to dial-up

SLK 350
Azureus for Bittorrent, use the usual sites for links - but mainly private sites.
DC++ for stuff i can't find on torrent (Abi titmuss lesbian video for example).

Punto/Clio GTT
should upgrade to frostwire edde. limewire servers will be shutting down in the near future due to legal stuff. frostwire is exactly the same just theyve added a filter thing to cover their arses

Final_Maxim said:
dont you have to pay for newsgroups?

I pay $15 a month for unlimited bandwidth with usenetserver. Speeds that max out my connection 24/7, and no uploading so browsing isnt slowed down at all. I do use Azureus for some Bit Torrent stuff still, but very rarely.

Smokey said:
how do newsgroups work?

Its very easy when you know how, but not easy to explain. Google is your best bet for research. You need plenty of software to get the best from it.

Google...

WinRAR
Quick PAR
NewsbinPro
Newzbin

Plus DVD Shrink, Daemon Tools, Nero etc. etc. etc.

Be aware that you often find illegal content though, which is obviously bad.

Last edited:
Final_Maxim said:
nuff said.

ill happily search for a well seeded torrent which will max out and pay $0

Your choice. Different strokes. But newsgroups are better when you know how to use them. Trust me I've used everything ;)

Maxed out is also a bit misleading. A well seeded torrent might max a 512k or 1mb pipe, but it might not max a 3mb or 10mb pipe. News servers will max anything any UK ISP can offer right now. Again it all comes down to cost and what you need.

172 Cup
Final_Maxim said:
nuff said.

ill happily search for a well seeded torrent which will max out and pay $0

Think I'll stick to Newsgroups thanks even if it does cost a whopping £8 a month...

newsleech2.jpg

i'm quite happy sticking with torrents (use bit comet) over newsgroups, although they were good, they were just too much hassle for me to use in the long run, i don't d/l half as much 'material' as i used to

also use limewire pro which is very good for audio files

500bhp Scoob
Roy Munson said:
Your choice. Different strokes. But newsgroups are better when you know how to use them. Trust me I've used everything ;)

You've obviously never been in the FTP 'scene'
On newsgroups people have to upload the releases, on FTP's you can get the releases straight from the release groups, if you know the right people etc, and it doesn't cost a penny.
You may get releases on newsgroups the same day that a release group releases them, but with FTP you get it seconds after.

Bearing in mind that most FTP servers that are linked with the release groups are sitting on extremely fast connections,usually over 100mbit