ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer jets on their way out?

Right, my washer jets have begun to play up, great timing as ever. The front ones work, but they seem quite weak, they start off as a dribble, and work up to a reasonable jet, but not a sharp squirt as it should be.

The rear jet appears not to be working at all, I can hear the motor, but no fluid comes out, or even seeps out. How would I find out if there is a blockage, and how do you clear it?! Or could it be the pump?

And yes, there is fluid in the bottle!

Anyone? The front jets now don't even reach the windscreen, just leaving a puddle on the bonnet. Really need to sort it with the salt building on the roads, could it be the pump? How much are they? Easy to replace?....

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I stuck a pin in mine to clear the s**t out, try that first before spending any cash :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The fact it's affecting all of the jets would suggest it's not the jets.

A pump is cheap enough though I'm not sure on the partnumber for a 182 (as you need 2 jets, one for windows and one for headlights). You can change it easy enough, you need to remove the wipers or at the very lest the nearside wiper to avoid damaging the panel or your skin.

Right okay, yeah I don't think its the jets because they all dribble at the same rate.

The only other thing I can think of is a blockage in the pipe, I need to seal off the headlight washers because I think they might be leaking. If I can eliminate any leaks then I know its either a blockage, or the pump.

koi

Audi S1
There are 2 pumps, one for the windscreen and one for the headlight washers so you can swap these around to check if they are working.

There is a 'fix' somewhere on here about trimming the rubber bung in the washer motor but for the sake of £5 I just replaced the motor. Most difficult part about changing them is removing the wipers.

Yeah I'm really not fussed about putting new ones in. Like you say, they're not exactly expensive! If it isn't this, could it be a blockage in the paperwork? If so, how would you find & remove that???

I checked mine by taking the pipe of and blowing through it

Right nice one, simple but effective! Like it

I think I've narrowed down that its the pump for the main washers, or the piping before the split. Because the headlight washers seem to spray fine, I can see the fluid splashing up from them. The rear window works but takes ages for the fluid to get through, so I think that might be the valve. Is there a 3rd pump for the rear window or is it shared with the front?