ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer jets not squirting!

Never above 25mpg
I have done a search but it didn't bring up the answers I want or I couldn't find the help I needed.

Basically as title.

Ran them dry a couple weeks a go, topped up with 2 litres of water/washer fluid last Thursday and they're not firing...

Don't think any pipes are restricted and the motor sounds as if it were normal!
Just no fluids!

PS Windscreen washer and rear washer, not headlamp washers...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I had a problem on mine years ago.Done under warranty but they told me they have a motor that works one way,forward and the rear backwards.I had the problem and they replaced the motor.No idea of cost as i said it was warranty work...But the problem was solved.

Monaco 172 sport
The motor is only about 15 quid easy to change. Renault tried to charge me 95 quid to do it. Worth replacing.

Iceberg Ph1
I got a receipt from a previous owner for one fitted on my 172 for £32, I'm guessing there not massively expensive

M

mini-valver

Pull a pipe off off the jet under the bonnet or a pipe off the motor and try it first before you replace it!

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Done that. And blasted compressed air through. Getting motor noise and a dribble - that's it. Guessing motor must be on the way out.

Fabia vRS
I had a problem similar to this on my old ph1. The motor would wirr away but only a dribble comes out of the jets, front and rear. I managed to fix it without buying a new motor.

The motor, well in my old ph1 anyways, allows both pumping of fluid to the front and rear jets depending on which way it rotates. There is a piston in the motor assembly which moves backwards and forwards in a cylinder, blocking off the rear exhaust when it rotates in the direction to send fluid to the front exhaust, and vice versa. The piston has two rubber bungs on each end to ensure it forms a seal. What I found is that over time the rubber bungs perish and expand, such that the piston expands to fill the whole cylinder and blocks off both exhausts. To fix it I simply trimmed the rubber back flush with the plastic piston and Bob's your uncle. Saves you buying a new motor for the sake of a perished rubber seal.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i had this, got a motor off ebay for £15 and changed myself. bit of a b**ch of a job if your wipers don't come off though. I might even have a spare motor....

Black 172
My car id doing this too, the jets on my headlights are not working. The back one doesn't work and the drivers jet is just a dribble, the only working one i have is the passenger side windscreen jet. I can hear the pump working, i have cleared the pipes both with compressed air and a pin. Still doesnt work, i filled the washer bottle up at the weekend and it was empty in three days!. Something is not right!. What do you suggest?

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
182 FF has two washer pumps that go in at right angles to the reservoir. pt number 7700 430 078. I think the one to the centre of the engine bay does the headlights and the one closer to the wing does the windscreen.

How do I get to the washer bottle? What needs to be removed aside from the wipers? Will I need any special tools or will my torx set have all the right bits?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
you will need to take off the scuttle panel, after the wipers. a flat screwdriver will do to gently remove the plastic crews holding it