ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WASHER JET MOTOR ? HELP !

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone know how easy the washer jet motor is to get change ?? are there two motors one for front and one for rear screen ? have tried cleaning jets with pin and they are fine rear screen washer also sprays as normal. front screen wont spray just loud whirring noise from washer bottle area and few drips of water from jets?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i had the same problem. It turned out to be a blockage. try a compressor down the pipes. I tried a pin at first like you with no change but in the end it was a blockage

LY 182
easy, to change.
its one motor that reverses polarity for front/rear.

you are suppose to take wipers and then the scuttle panel off to get at it, i just undo the forward to clips lift it up a bit and get my hand in there

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Cheers guys . tryin the airline tonight so hope that does it . anyone else had this problem ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
airlines wont do it motor knacked !:mad: is there an easy way to change it or is it wipers off and the whole plastic panel?? anyone done it ??

182,172 ph2
No mate no easier way, It aint that hard you just take the wipers off with a 16mm spanner, and the remove both parts of the scuttle. then you just remove the 10mms that hold the motor in then remove the 10mm which holds the washer bottle in, and pull the bootle up then its well easy to replace, hope this helps

Clio Sport 172
Same problem with mine. Anyone have a part number and price for this?. I guess the motors runs all of the jets?

Clio 99' 1.2
europarts do a washer for the 1.2 8v, Halfords recommended the wrong one.
Easy to change by pulling up the plastic no need to take off the wipers, - except in my case where i apparently lost the seal for the motor-bottle :( so now water goes in then out..O well getting MOT done in a couple of hours so will probably have to pay them to do it.

europarts do a washer for the 1.2 8v, Halfords recommended the wrong one.
Easy to change by pulling up the plastic no need to take off the wipers, - except in my case where i apparently lost the seal for the motor-bottle :( so now water goes in then out..O well getting MOT done in a couple of hours so will probably have to pay them to do it.

Easy enough just take the washer tank out bit of a pian to get it out though.