ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer bottle replacement

Arctic Just A 182
After all the faff I had yesterday trying to top up the water bottle I've since discovered that it's got a pretty severe leak from somewhere. No sooner have I finished pouring the water in it's dripping onto the drive.

Any ideas on costs of replacement/ fitting?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sure it's coming from the bottle?

The feed lines to the headlight washers are the usual culprits.

Arctic Just A 182
Haven't got a clue to be honest. The water I poured in just came straight back out so I assumed it was the bottle that's cacked. Can't get at the damn thing anyway there's so much plastic and gubbins in the way.

Arctic Just A 182
Assuming I can't find this item in a scrapyard does anyone have an idea how much it'll cost to fix? Apparently it's an offence to drive with no water in the washer tank.

Arctic Just A 182
T'is true. Although I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone being pulled over by the rozzers and them asking you to wash your windscreen.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I had problems with my washer motor on the 172 and took me an age to work out how to remove the washer bottle.

Wipers off (wiper arm tool or ball joint breaker), scuttle panel off and bottle has 1 10mm bolt, easy and can do it in 10 mins. Used some superglue and kitchen sealant on a small crack and it solved my leak.

Hope this helps.

Arctic Just A 182
I was just looking for a Haynes manual but they don't seem to do one for 182s (or indeed any Clio since '05...).

How long is the warranty on bits like this?

182 ff
ahhh mine is leaking i think if i put 5 litres of ready made screen wash its lasts about a week misses car takes about 2 litres and last 3 weeks

how much are these etc

BMW M135i
They do split sometimes so i'd hazard a guess this is whats happened, don't think they're too expensive to get new from renault but don't quote me on that.

Not too bad a job to change neither, wipers off and the skuttle and you're laughing.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'd be tempted to say yes.

The chances of them using a different one are slim. Even if it's wrong, it's only a tenner. If not, call Renault and get a price!

T'is true. Although I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone being pulled over by the rozzers and them asking you to wash your windscreen.

I have, I remember reading in the paper a few years some old guy got 3 points on his licence for having an empty water bottle.

You'd have to be incredibly unlucky and catch a mini-hitler copper while he/she is having a bad day to end up with that though.

Arctic Just A 182
If it's going to cost more than £10 to get there and back I'll stick with the fleabay option ;)

Where abouts are you?

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I have, I remember reading in the paper a few years some old guy got 3 points on his licence for having an empty water bottle.

You'd have to be incredibly unlucky and catch a mini-hitler copper while he/she is having a bad day to end up with that though.

I just had to look that up

madness!!! :eek:

BMW M135i
That one on ebays the wrong one anyway, thats for a car without washer jets. The washer jet tank is twice a big for some reason.