ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer bottle pumps

Clio Sport 182
My windscreen jet's didn't work, nor rear wash and light washers trickled out so bought a new bottle with pumps, now windscreen washer jets work a treat but........
When I press rear wiper wash the front squirts ?
Even with headlights on there is no water coming out of headlight washers ?
All pipe's were returned to as they came out ?
Any ideas on what pump does what ? Or why (other than it's a clio) are they not working. Cheers

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Headlight washers rarely work. I bought a 3 year old 172 & a 9 year old 182 and haven't ever seen them work once!

I forget which way round they are but I always test them before assembly. I've replaced them 3 times and dry fit then every time first as one pump can come out easily iirc.

Clio Sport 182
But I can't understand when I twist for rear the fronts squirt lol.
Thing is I'm one of these people if the has something that should work it needs to work as it bugs me :( ( no comments about why did I buy a clio then haha )

Clio 182
There is a slider inside the pump. If it sticks you get the symptoms you've described.
My megane does the same.
It will need a new pump.

Clio Sport 182
Austin that works fine now
Thanks car.crash after a b**ch of a job getting the wipers off looks like it's all off again then