ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washer blanking gromets

phase 2 172
im gonna remove my headligh washer cant seem to find any cup blanks without paying a fortune from renault so gonna get some normal gromets to put me on till i find some does anybody know what size id need to get? cheers

Storm grey 200
Have you checked streamline carbon mate? Only problem is they have to be bonded on. If you're losing the jets any way its worth cutting them down and bonding the carbon covers on top,

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
No.

Unless you swap the Xenon units for standard jobbies.

Thought so, the E.U. Rubbish says xenons need washers and self levellers to be legal :S I was gonna remove mine but heard it's a potential MOT fail :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My old cars where never connected and passed 3 MOT's at 3 different garages, worry at MOT if and when its a problem tbh.

Clio Sport 172
It's not MOT fail, mine haven't worked since I bought it and it passed on Friday, they are a legal requirement at point of manufacture, but after that there is no actual check on an MOT.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
It's not MOT fail, mine haven't worked since I bought it and it passed on Friday, they are a legal requirement at point of manufacture, but after that there is no actual check on an MOT.

This is good news because washer jets look sooo crap but xenons look awesome lol
I will look to remove the jets now :)

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI

correct :)

mot is basically a check to see if car passed MINUMUM standard to be on the road, doesn't go into construction and use regs etc... eg. rear numberplate needs to be illuminated, you could take it to mot with a purple number plate light and it would pass, but still be againt road traffic rules

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
correct :)

mot is basically a check to see if car passed MINUMUM standard to be on the road, doesn't go into construction and use regs etc... eg. rear numberplate needs to be illuminated, you could take it to mot with a purple number plate light and it would pass, but still be againt road traffic rules

Ahh so the MOT won't be failed but if a picky vosa or anal police person wants to make a fuss they can?!

Clio Sport 172
I'm thinking of removing mine, thought about filling and spraying but if it cracks, will look very pikey, keep checking the breakers for some cup covers, hard to come by tho unless you want to pay through the nose for them.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Was chatting to one of my police mates the other day and she was saying that on a roadside stop they can pull you up for anything that is regulation - even if your car had passed an MOT that morning. Seems retarded, but still - yeah and unlikely to happen...