ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washed,waxed,coilover'd ready for Le Mans trip

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Thought I'd post a few pics of the 182 after lowering it on Gaz coilovers this week, and then spending a fair few hours giving the car some tlc. Don't think it's ever been so clean.

10062008105.gif

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I don't seem to be able to add direct links to several pics in one post - if anyone can tell me how to do it I will get them put in properly!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Is that why my exhausts are hanging so low down then?

Ideally I'd like to just wait and get a new exhaust - thinking the Scorpion 192 one that was on the site a few weeks back looked/sounded like a plan. Coilovers wiped me out for the time being though.

SchwepTek™
Yeh it is the problem. I just fabricated some supports for my old mounts out of copper pipe and hose pipe! LOL

I'll have a look sometime if you want.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Sounds good - I expect the exhausts wobble up and down when driving hard - I did notice the rubber in the mounts at the back looks a bit cracked when I was under the car fitting the rear shocks.

The height the back is at is the highest you can go on the Gaz spring platforms....I don't know how you could possibly run it much lower without the wheels rubbing. Didn't help having no instructions with the kit.

Handles peachy now though.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Nothing interesting on the brake front I'm afraid - just standard 182 calipers painted red!

They look so big because those Oz Super T's are 15's....

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
The Gaz have been ok I guess. They were a bargain 465 quid posted. Took about 3 weeks to arrive - the place I got them from asked if it was a cup packed car as Gaz have to make the coilovers slightly different so no problems with that.

Fronts flew on no problems, took much less time then I thought - back sits lowever then I expected - the height on the pics is the highest it can be - there's about another inch and a half adjustment lower, but the wheels would scrub, no doubt about it. The front has a long way up or down, so may wind it a tiny bit lower.

The ride is firm to say the least - however both my mates with coilovers (Cossie/Avo's and polybushes and a Scooby classic/Gaz) think the ride is pretty good, while there is almost no bodyroll at all, and it feels like it's on rails (cliche). I've got them about a third of the way off the softest setting, and couldn't imagine needing to run them any firmer.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Corby Motorsport - they advertise on Ebay, but you can find them on a google search. Lady on the phone isn't very knowledgeable, I think her husband is the one with the knowledge/experience.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Have a nice trip, keep it between the ditches :)

Dan

german
last time I took my clio down to Le Mans, somebody pooped on the headlight and left loads of used tissue by the door.

Inferno Orange 182 FF
Looks mint!
what are the GAZ coilys feel like?! apparently there a bit hard? and im movin to a bumpy lane soon, would u recomend them?! lol