ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

was my car a press car?

black golf v6 4 motion
the racing blue 182 i have just bought had the renault shopping list on the door under the wing mirrors, was it a press car?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
A press car is a car used by the Press ie for newspapers, test drives for mags etc.

I think I saw a Stickered up 182 as a Renault disply car..

Lee

BMW M2C
There have been a few stickered up appear at a few dealers.

They had a racing blue with those stickers down the door at the Motorshow last year.

182 w/busted splitter :-(
There were a couple of Blue 182's with stripes and stickers on them that RUK used for Press duties (I recall seeing one once!)

Also, if you remember the episode of "Top Gear" where they review the 182 (from the end of last year, I think?) the 182 that the Stig 'canes round the test-traffic also has the 'logo' stickers down the doors beneath the mirrors (that was a '53 plate one?)

The video of that is floating round here somewheres, if you wanted to check it out....?

chriscl said:
There were a couple of Blue 182's with stripes and stickers on them that RUK used for Press duties (I recall seeing one once!)

Also, if you remember the episode of "Top Gear" where they review the 182 (from the end of last year, I think?) the 182 that the Stig 'canes round the test-traffic also has the 'logo' stickers down the doors beneath the mirrors (that was a '53 plate one?)

The video of that is floating round here somewheres, if you wanted to check it out....?

Have you got a link to that vid?

If you don't mind posting some or all of the numberplate we could probably tell you pretty quickly between us, although I think most of the press cars were HS53 ___ as I imagine they were all registered in the same area.

S

swisstom182

I work at Dales, was gutted, we got the car and as soon as i see it was coming in was gonna get it for the missus. Apparently, it was a display vehicle but was used by one of Renaults outside promotion companies, thats y its not HS,HV, registered. So i was told anyway

Shhh
geordieclio said:
reg is kv04 kxr

You never bought it from Reg Vardy Renault in Sunderland did you.?

When i bought mine, we swapped all the bad bits onto this poor little 182. The wheel, the door trim. (the door trim was scored, the wheel was kerbed)

My car is a HV04, had the shopping list

ClioCup
RenaultSport
Michelin
Elf

in some order, down both doors. Pics can be provided..