ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Lights

RB 182
Just washed my car, 05 182, started fine but most of the warning lights are on and off like a feckin Christmas tree, also, no headlights and nothing from the radio/temp dispaly. Any ideas?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
You could have f**ked your ECU! You didnt really powerwash the engine bay did you?

RB 182
Nope I didnt wash the engine bay. Just been to it this mornin and its the same, radio, dispaly, air con all work for a couple of seconds then go off, no head/side lights or indicators either, warning lights then present.

RB 182
It stars, idles and everythging seems fine until I touch the a accelerator then it all goes mad. no air con, display flickers and goes off, no lights. HELP PLEASE!

Da

Less
Bad earth possibly, check the main -ve connection on the battery trerminals and where it is bolted to the chassis.

Have you had a nosey about under the bonnet for signs of water etc?

RB 182
Had a bit of a look, it seems odd that as soon as I rev the electrics start playing up, then as soon as it idles its all OK, apart from the battery light, which stays on

Da

Less
So the battery light is on now, permenantly?

Have you got the means to check the output on the battery? ie a voltmeter?

Can you check that the Aux belt is still intact and inplace?

Personally I'd disconnect the battery too, just to try and reset the ECU, but before you do this ensure you have the code for the stereo!

RB 182
No voltmeter, will have a good look in the engine bay in a bit, car runs ok tho. Its as soon as I touch the accelerator the electrics go crazy and then when it returnns to idle its all ok. Anyway, thanks for your tips, have to dash out.