ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning lights

White APE
Past few days my car keeps randomly starts displaying the STOP and (!) handbrake warning lights. If it does it its within the first few minutes of a journey after start up, then it just stops doing it. It never stays on for more then 5 secs and then will just dissappear again.
Brakes feel fine, no noises from them. abs etc all working fine.

Anyone know what the likely cause is?

Cheers
Matt

White APE
Ive just gone out there to check this and well, i cant find the brake fluid resevoir!

Not had the car long. Had a look in the handbook at where it should be and its not where its pictured and i cant see it anywhere.

24052008855.jpg

24052008856.jpg

It should be there?

Can anyone show me where it should be!!

Megane dci 130
Its on the left hand side of the engine bay, You have to take the engine cover off to see it. :)

White APE
Ahhhh thanks mate. Why the hell does the manual show it as being over to the right near the power stearing then! GRRR
Guessing the normal manual doesnt cover the sport. and the little extra sport manual ive got only really covers tyres and oil. :S

Anyone got any pics of whats under the cover and where it is as ive yet to have the cover off....Need to get the right screw heads.. lol

Last edited:
  White APE
Cheers mate. Just popped to halfrauds on me lunch break and bought some T screw heads. luckily i bought the right ones.

Will post back after ive had a look.

White APE
Well i found out what the problem was. Took the engine cover and and only just got my hand to the brake fluid resevoir and the bloody cap came off! It wasnt screwed on properly which is why the warning lights kept flickering on and off.

Think im going to be having a word with the garage that serviced it before i got it.