ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning lights - randomly coming on

Da

Less
Brake pedal switch is a switch mounted just above the brake pedal under the dash, not a sensor as such but if mis-aligned it will throw up the three fault LED's you list.

Engine management wont have anything to do with CAT back system as there's no sensors after the CAT. It could be anything really, possibly a sensor elsewhere or a simple loose wire.

M

mini-valver

My brake pedal swicth shows up on Clip as fooked but I don't get any lights......

clio 182 black /gold
014.gif
106479298526135.gif

Maz

LY 200
Booked it into renault and they seem to think the esp may have came on because of an engine management fault and this could be the oxygen sensor, they are going to link it to the PC to check.

Thanks for all the help :)

Clown Car
Maz -

Here is a guide of how to adjust the brake light switch, which when not adjusted properly/faulty can bring on your ABS, ESP and SERV light, also your CC may not work(green light not illuminating) -

The brake light switch is located at the top of the brake pedal lever, open your drivers door, get down on the floor on your knees, make sure car is out of gear and start engine (which will allow the brake pedal to travel further down because the servo is now operating), push the brake pedal down and hold it there, at the top of the pedal lever you will find a small pin switch, pull out the centre of the switch as far as it will go, it is on a ratchet so you will hear it clicking, then let the brake pedal up slowly to the rest posistion, that's it job done.

However, a thread some weeks ago about the same type of fault resulted in £500 worth of work needed doing by the dealer to a car just out of warranty, as yours runs out next month, it's probably a good idea to get them to look at it and any other faults you can think of.

Maz

LY 200
Cheers for that its going in on Friday so fingers crossed I wont need the guide but thank you :)

Maz

LY 200
The car didnt know I was braking or somthing or other I dont know lol :p

Top service from Ant again, he's a star I was only there 10 mins and it was sorted.

Maz

LY 200
You know what I would actually buy a car from Renault St Helens because of the after care service I have had from Ant, totally changed my views on the place.