ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WARNING light on dash board

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
hey ive got this warning light on my dash board its only ever on for a couple of seconds and at random intervals anyone any idea what it means

clio warning light.jpg

service light and airbags also on because drivers side seat wires are torn :(

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
car has got a slight missfire everynow and again but nothing major and the light isnt nessacarily on when it missfires its just randomly mostly when cruising

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
guess ill have to try find someone with a diag machine to borrow im skint atm so cant afford 70quid for it

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
borrowed a machine and the only fault it brought up was for my airbag cause the wires under the drivers seat are fooked so need help

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
leads are part of the coilpack and the plugs are fairly newish i have read the fitting low quality plugs can cause this i just slapped some nkgs when i got it in feburary

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I had to replace the Coil Pack last year, It misfired when you went to touch the accelerator, 2nd gear full acceleration was impossible, but reversing was the worst slight hill on my drive and it misfired like a bi*ch, but I never had that warning light until I pushed it kinda too far and it restricted me to only 2 cylinders, then I realised and thought its time to stop being cheap and fork out the £20-30 quid of having it done.

[/EndStory]

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
right fitted new coilpack and plugs its not storing a fault for a codereader any other ideas folks ???????

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
tried plugging it into a full snapon code reader and its not showing any faults at all, the lights intermitternt still but not as much and the missfire is more like massive flat spots with the occasional judder

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
tried plugging it into a full snapon code reader and its not showing any faults at all, the lights intermitternt still but not as much and the missfire is more like massive flat spots with the occasional judder

On what system, just EM? Personally i'd take it to someone armed with CLIP or AutoLogic because my personal experience with SnapOn equipment with Renault vehicles isn't great and they're only as good as the software update version to (Some garages flat out refuse to pay for updates). It sounds like a throttle potentiometer issue to me but you will need some proper help to get it diagnosed properly. You could try changing the pedal but more often than not it's wiring related with these rather than the actual hardware.

Mick

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Is that a Glowplug warning light on a Petrol?

looks like it i know thats why i was confused by it

this snapon kit is from what i know totally up to date and kept safe as he checked for updates before he pluged it in the only fault it brought up was aircon fault which my car doesnt have

i kinda want to now say its the alternator cause sat at lights yesterday with stereo heaters and lights on as soon as started to open the windows it cut out

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Has anyone checked the earth straps are all intact? If not, check them!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Passenger wheel arch - Gearbox to chassis earth (Braided strap, common for snapping)

Battery Neg terminal - Battery to chassis

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
cars still being an absolute f**k whit and missfire is getting worse when accelerating it holds back so much its untrue

tomorrow check list
connections on anything i can find
earth straps again
check if cat has colapsed (is this a seperate part or all one peice from manifold)
gonna try get it plugged in again

anything else

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
finally found out what it was after a smoke tester on the engine theres a crack in the inlet manifold/gasket gone which is causing the car to pull in far to much air and then stall / miss all over cause it cant give the fuel to compensate

anyone know if this is a big job ?//////