ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning light has stayed on

RS Clio 182
Hi..i fired up my clio this morning,and one of the warning lights has stayed on all day - its the orange one on the right hand side shaped like an engine - i looked in the manual when i got back and apparently its the 'gas exhaust' warning indictor or something...it says if its stayed on 'go to your renault dealer immedeatly' :(

Do i need to be concerned at all,i know warning lights are prone to just come on randomly on clios but is this serious? Some of my warning lights have stayed on before,but when ive restarted they have gone,not stayed on all day.. The car had its MOT & passed 3 weeks ago and it drives fine as it normally does..

Any advice would be helpful :)

clio 1.2 expression
i sort of had this problem but my car actually started to shake and drive real slow and i was because i needed to replace my coil pack and spark plugs so it might be a good idea to go and get them checked :)

That light came on for me and it was a lambda sensor. The car also started running very badly as well though. You need to get someone to read the fault code the computer is reporting. I'd get it checked out but I wouldn't stop driving the car in the meantime. Just keep an eye on it.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yep buy one of them £15 plug in gizmo's i got one and its great, works on my clio and megane and used it on a guys golf

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
if your with the rac or aa they can come and plug there computer in and read it for you, as renault will charge you like £50