ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Warning light** - anyone know what it means??

Clio
I had a warning light come up, it looks like a glowplug light and another squiggly box with a line through it as well(just above, but in the same warning light box). its bang on the middle of the warning lights and glows orange.

it made the car lose all power, i pulled over and left it for a minute, it was spluttering away and when i put my foot on the pedal it wouldn't give any power and wouldn't rev past 3000rpm. so...i turned it off looked at the engine for a bit, everything looked fine.....i then turned it back on and hey presto it worked.

just wanted to know if this was a serious problem that may be needed to be looked at?? it's a 1.6 16v clio 2002. with a exhaust system and air induction kit and has been re-mapped. its done 55,000 miles.

cheers james

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Could be a few things to be honest. I had a similar problem a few times. I need a new wireing loom as that was shaffted. Not sure if that a common fault with the 1.6. Also i cleaned out the throttle body which worked and never had the problem again.

It's usually the 02/emissions sensor fault, it comes on if it detects a fuel mixture out of range. It must be running in some kind of limp mode (1.2 16v doesn't seem to do this when it comes on and drives as normal). Luckily this does seem to reset itself on ignition off and restart as you've found.

BMW M135i
Its the electric fault warning light, could guess away for hours but basically needs the fault code reading to say whats wrong.

yeah i had that and it was my TDC sensor, car wouldn't start or anything. best off getting it plugged in at a local garage as renault will charge an arm and a leg

Evo
That light came up on mine, had a sparkplug pencil coil changed. (1.4 16v)

I think its some kind of ecu warning or something.

Clio
wicked cheers people. i will leave it and see what happens, thankfully it didn't happen on my drive back to uni in plymouth! only short journeys around plymouth now!hopefully it won't pop up again!
james