ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanting to lower my 182 but...

RB 182
hi all i want to lower my 182 but only by like 30mm , reason being only 30mm is because i have 17" oz superturismo alloys on and not sure if i lower it any more it would rub against the arches? also do any of you think at 30mm it might still rub, thanks again in advance for your answers :D

Civic Type S GT
Get rid of the 17's pal, either 15's or 16's then get eibach sportlines. Leaves the car at a nice height and no rub. 17's don't look right on small cars.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
what tyres are you on? (dimensions)
195/40 r 17 for example are smaller in diameter than 205/45 r16 so I don't see why they should rub on the arches

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
get some coilovers lower as much as you want then, i'll have some for sale soon ;)

Da

Less
What offset are the Oz wheels as that will ultimately decide how low you can go?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
lau i had my 1.2 lowered with them on 40mm on apex springs no rubbing at all but ofc wasnt a sport.

tyres are 205/40/17

S4 Avant
Personally, if you like the wheels, I'd sell and get 15"s or 16"s in the same style.

I can't see any reason why you'd want 17"s on a clio. They look awful, add unnecessary weight and tyres cost a hell of a lot more.

M

mini-valver

How much do you want to spend?

Sportlines would be a nice littel drop and you'll keep some degree of comfort but essentially, whatever you do, you're a inch further from the ground before you even start.