ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wanting to improve handling and lower a bit!

Celica and Raptor.
Hi like said above im wanting to improve handling and lower a bit!

I have a Ph1 172, At the moment the handling is sh*t tbh. So scary at points.
Before the Clio i had a Vtr standard suspension etc and the handling was a 100% better than the Clio.

I know half of my problem is ive noticed my offside rear shock is pi**ing out oil, and probley the tyres on the rear dont help either.

So im thinking weather to just replace the rear shocks with standard again or get Shocks or Coilovers?

A couple of weeks ago i went down to K-tec and bought some Sportline's fitted the rears so far.
Would prefer a little lower tho!!

Any advice would be great help Thanks Darren

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Have seen rear shock failure twice now on the 172's, makes them awful to drive, get a pair of new rear dampers & provoiding your tyres are half decent you should be in control again... but if your going coillys just wait till you buy some as the whole lot will be replaced, good starter kits in my book would be the Fk-koni's or if your flush H&R's due to the simple bolt on & forget with the H&R's, no worry about damper or camber to play with on the H&R's

James

Celica and Raptor.
Have seen rear shock failure twice now on the 172's, makes them awful to drive, get a pair of new rear dampers & provoiding your tyres are half decent you should be in control again... but if your going coillys just wait till you buy some as the whole lot will be replaced, good starter kits in my book would be the Fk-koni's or if your flush H&R's due to the simple bolt on & forget with the H&R's, no worry about damper or camber to play with on the H&R's

James

Hi Mate.

Yeah ive heard its a common think with them, I was thinking coilovers and then sell my Sportlines the fronts havent even been fitted yet.
Or i might just to new orignal shocks and get some use out of the Sportlines.
:S:race:.

Anymore advice anyone would be good.

Thanks Again Darren