ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanted: wiring diagram for 182 dash

Clio 182
I'd like to fit a shift light which needs to tap a signal from the tacho output from the ecu.

Rather than pulling out the dash I'd like to try and locate the cable in the loom somewhere.

Anyone know if the 182s are "distributorless coil pack" ?

182's run a coilpack yes, but they dont use a traditional tacho pulsed feed.

Its all multiplexed looms, and not your typical analogue signals.

172 cup'd extreme
they may be multiplexed wiring but you can still take a feed directly from the ECU there are 2 signals from the coil to the ecu pin 1 which is a beige wire and pin 32 which is an orange wire

Clio 182
Omex tech support said if it was a "coil-per-plug engine" then I might need the included adaptor.
Thanks for the info.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
the dash is multiplex with only 2 or 3 wires going to the dash.. its digital.

there is a shift light on the dash anyhow, if you could find the LED you could tap off it for another light if you use a relay. As I dont think the pcb with run another light.

However just thinking about it you might be able to take a feed off a coil of you use a tacho style shift light....

16v_jon said:
they may be multiplexed wiring but you can still take a feed directly from the ECU there are 2 signals from the coil to the ecu pin 1 which is a beige wire and pin 32 which is an orange wire

The only signals from or to the ecu is the CAS raw signal and the coilpack batch fire trigger signal, which i suppose you can tap off.

172 cup'd extreme
ive tapped mine off pin 1 so that my electric power steering works with a 172 engine. i think pin 32 is the raw signal try that

Clio 182
Isn't the shift light on the dash a warning you're about to blow your engine light?

I have a Omex Sequential shift light (bought back in 1996) which has four lights,
you set the shift rpm (ideally at your cars peak bhp) and an interval for the other three lights.

Clio 182
Jon, where am I likely to get easiest access to the orange (32) wire please ?

I'd rather not remove any of the dash if I can get away with it.
Don't mind hanging upside down in the footwell :eek:

172 cup'd extreme
At the ECU connector in the engine bay splice the wire of their. PM me your email and ill send you the wiring diagram

Clio 182
I had another reply from Omex today, regarding their Shift Light Pro...

"As far as we are aware all Clios have a distributoreless coil pack. It is easiest to connect the blue wire to pin 3 of that and set the shift light to 2 cylinders. Alternatively you can connect to the tachometer output from the ECU but we do not have specific information."

So where do I find the "distributoreless coil pack" ?
Otherwise I'm hoping 16v_jon's gonna come through for me on the wiring diagram.

Clio 182
:(
I've either a) upset Jon without knowing, b) he's not getting my PMs, or c) my email is being intercepted.
Whichever, it seems I'm destined not to get the wiring diagram.

Hoping for the same sort of help...

I've just bought a DRE sequential shift light and need some tips for installing it in my Mk2 172. Don't assume I even know where to look for the coil pack!

The instructions say to wire it up to (1) ignition switched power or battery positive, (2) earth, and (3) coil (-) or rev counter signal.

It's a neat little unit. See http://www.caraddiction.co.uk

Thanks,
Gareth

GOLF GT TDI
hi guys i bought set of factory dials as my ones currently didnthave one, all i need to do is make a feed from the rev counter to some part of my engine for it to work does anyone know where it has to go please help :)