ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wanted To Cry!!!! No Turning Bk....

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

i got a red 1 an a silver 1 when i bought my viper, spray it blue or black tho.

red looks too obvious.

Titanium 182

they look pants!

i cant stand it when u see the full front end and then that! paint it blue or silver!

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 14 March 2005
deffo black

The man speaks the truth, subtle is the way...

Weeman sucks ****

NO WAY blue, itll look crap cos I doubt itll match. Silver looks ok on Cupcakes and so does the red IMO. Id go black though.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Cant you put it behind the Grille/Mesh?? (obviously youll need a new piece of Grille now youve hacked up the old one) hehe

If not id paint it Black so its as discreet as possible!

Black or Carbon so its discreet.

just wake up and smell the coffee have you heard of mickey night ? "shall we put a potatoe or banana in there kev" not even mickey night could just be young kids pratting while your @ work come back to a blocked intake. IMO Keep it standard looking then insurance may not have to be a problem also.

BTW how does a system like cope with high water levels on the roads i.e flooding as i have driven in waters upto the 2.016V badge on the 172 fine (15/25mm lowered at the time) would an intake system like that suck water into the engine or just not get any air into the engine hence be stuck in the middle of a flooding road no escape ! i think this is relavent as im in yorkshire and flooding is frequent as it is around the UK more so every year think about it. what about sucking up stones, leaves, bugs etc.. presumably the standard intake pokes out of the wheel arch to give it protection against this sort of thing ???

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

306 GTI-6s are often going bang when fitted with aftermarket induction kits as they sit so low down - as soon as they take in water, youre talking a good few £££/£s for a rebuild!

On the Clio the filter itself still sits quite high so it may be ok - i doubt it would suck water up that far, but the 306 its the physical filter itself thats really low down - thats the problem with them!

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 15 March 2005

306 GTI-6s are often going bang when fitted with aftermarket induction kits as they sit so low down - as soon as they take in water, youre talking a good few £££/£s for a rebuild!

On the Clio the filter itself still sits quite high so it may be ok - i doubt it would suck water up that far, but the 306 its the physical filter itself thats really low down - thats the problem with them!

good point. but its a bit of a risk isnt it just for 4-5hp when combined with exhaust and remap (gains from actual induction not zorst and remap gains). my cars 30mm lower but its shortened shocks aswell i wouldnt want to risk it TBH.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well i dont really know how these Viper kits work - they may be protected from Water but i cant really see how.......

Just dont drive through any Fords and it should be ok!

Couldnt it be placed next to the light on the left hand side ? sure air wouldnt be as cool 30cm higher but surley the advantage of shorter pipe and a almost straight pipe would be better ?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 15 March 2005

Couldnt it be placed next to the light on the left hand side ? sure air wouldnt be as cool 30cm higher but surley the advantage of shorter pipe and a almost straight pipe would be better ?
tried that mate and it was crap.... this is so much better! Using more fuel aswell so its a good sign that its working properly, as for flodding im def not going through any fords etc.... besides it will sit lower soon anyways when the coilovers are on the car.

As for sticking it behind the grill it wouldnt stay in place....

Cheers for the coments