ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

want sat nav? these are cheap!

Dynamique 1.2 16V
Sorry, but I have a newbish question. Is it legal to have a device that detects speed cameras? I remember watching TV and some guy was stopped for having some sort of device on his car.

Golf GTI 1.8T
If it isn't yet it will be. Only Sat navs which use GPS to locate where speed cameras are will be legal, so anything that detects them or radars will be illegal :)

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6
These are superb - At £99 I had to buy another one!!!
Mines is set with a welcome screen (from the other thread ;) ) and the speed cameras. Was out at the weekend and it didnt fail once - picked up everything and really does make you go the speed limit. If you dont it can be set to beep until you are going the limit. There was a new 50 zone coming down from a 70 - I didnt even know about it but again this was picked up and told me it was a 50MPH speed zone.

I have installed mine in the ash tray of the clio and have a wired antenna (Ebay for £13!!) Never let me down.
You can even run it off AA batteries - so good for my scoot :D

Si

Ford Fiesta ST2
Rennie said:
These are superb - At £99 I had to buy another one!!!
Mines is set with a welcome screen (from the other thread ;) ) and the speed cameras. Was out at the weekend and it didnt fail once - picked up everything and really does make you go the speed limit. If you dont it can be set to beep until you are going the limit. There was a new 50 zone coming down from a 70 - I didnt even know about it but again this was picked up and told me it was a 50MPH speed zone.

I have installed mine in the ash tray of the clio and have a wired antenna (Ebay for £13!!) Never let me down.
You can even run it off AA batteries - so good for my scoot :D

Si

Hi mate, which post did you find about changing the welcome screen? Now you have said you can do it I want to do it to!!! What have you changed yours to? If you could point me in the direction of some instructions on how to do this it would be great.

Cheers

Alex

Golf GTI 1.8T
:( and now im not :(

they had loads in stock on the weekend, but he's been ringing and driving around like mad trying to get another one for me but everywhere has sold out :dapprove: and even worse is that the one he bought doesnt work, and somerfields dont have anymore in stock, so can only offer a refund. eBay jobby it is then...

tiTTy & SV650
Dixons are selling these at £99.99 folks if anyones still looking for one...

*edit*

s**t my bad none in stock lol sorry

Golf GTI 1.8T
I still want one, is that all dixons selling them at £99.99?? got 2 fairly local to me...

Golf GTI 1.8T
awesome, I shall be bombing round all the shops tomorrow trying to find one!! bet I cant get hold of one of the buggers!!