ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a Showroom Finish

Hi all, im gonna give it a go soon bringing my cup back to life. I want to bling my car completly but dont want to spend fortunes on cleaning products. Im guessing that I should clean my car in like this

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Polish

4. Gloss

5. Tyre dressing

6. Alloy Wheel cleaner

7. Plastic Bumper Care

9. Window cleaner.

What products would you recommend to do the job? Im completly new to this

106 GTi
You want swirl marks then ? Most dealer prep is shocking ;)

Working by Hand:

1. Wash Duragloss Shampoo with Lambswool Wash mitt.

2. Clay Meguiars Quick Clay or Sonus Mild Green

3. Polish Swirl Remove - Scratch X, Gloss/Finishing - Autoglym Super Resin

4. Sealant - Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett Sealant x2, Waxed with P21s (looks superb on Blue)

5. Tyre dressing Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel

6. Alloy Wheel cleaner Car shampoo and water, if grimey Autoglym engine and machine cleaner, then polish and seal as the bodywork

7. Plastic Bumper Care Textured trim Autoglym Bumper care gel, smooth trim 1Z Vinyl and Rubber

9. Window cleaner Autoglym Glass Polish

106 GTi
1. Wash Duragloss Shampoo with Lambswool Wash mitt. Approx £10

2. Clay Meguiars Quick Clay or Sonus Mild Green Approx £10-15

3. Polish Swirl Remove - Scratch X, Gloss/Finishing - Autoglym Super Resin Approx £15

4. Sealant - Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett Sealant x2, Waxed with P21s (looks superb on Blue) Approx £30

5. Tyre dressing Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel Approx £8-12

6. Alloy Wheel cleaner Car shampoo and water, if grimey Autoglym engine and machine cleaner, then polish and seal as the bodywork Approx £6-8

7. Plastic Bumper Care Textured trim Autoglym Bumper care gel, smooth trim 1Z Vinyl and Rubber Approx £10

9. Window cleaner Autoglym Glass Polish Approx £5

Most will last you a couple of years though.

Leon Cupra R 225
You want swirl marks then ? Most dealer prep is shocking ;)

Working by Hand:

1. Wash Duragloss Shampoo with Lambswool Wash mitt.

2. Clay Meguiars Quick Clay or Sonus Mild Green

3. Polish Swirl Remove - Scratch X, Gloss/Finishing - Autoglym Super Resin

4. Sealant - Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett Sealant x2, Waxed with P21s (looks superb on Blue)

5. Tyre dressing Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel

6. Alloy Wheel cleaner Car shampoo and water, if grimey Autoglym engine and machine cleaner, then polish and seal as the bodywork

7. Plastic Bumper Care Textured trim Autoglym Bumper care gel, smooth trim 1Z Vinyl and Rubber

9. Window cleaner Autoglym Glass Polish

Dealer's worldwide take not of Rich's secret!! ;)

106 GTi
Well just the fact to wash and dry them properly/safely and not induce loads of marks with a rotary polisher would be nice!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
either 50quid or something else lets just hope he doesnt offer brown

What should i use to do the jobs below. ie Pads, cloths, mitts etc?

Swirl Removal - Scratch X

Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Tyre dressing - Meguirs Hot Tyre Shine

Window cleaner?

106 GTi
Swirl Removal - Scratch X - apply with a foam hand pad or folded terry towel for more bite, remove with a microfiber

Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish - apply with a foam hand pad, remove with a microfiber

Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection - apply with a foam hand pad, remove with a microfiber

Tyre dressing - Meguirs Hot Tyre Shine - spray or brush on.

Window cleaner? - spray on wipe with a microfiber. Glass Polish, Apply with a Microfiber and remove with another.

1. Wash Duragloss Shampoo with Lambswool Wash mitt. Approx £10

2. Clay Meguiars Quick Clay or Sonus Mild Green Approx £10-15

3. Polish Swirl Remove - Scratch X, Gloss/Finishing - Autoglym Super Resin Approx £15

4. Sealant - Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett Sealant x2, Waxed with P21s (looks superb on Blue) Approx £30

5. Tyre dressing Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel Approx £8-12

6. Alloy Wheel cleaner Car shampoo and water, if grimey Autoglym engine and machine cleaner, then polish and seal as the bodywork Approx £6-8

7. Plastic Bumper Care Textured trim Autoglym Bumper care gel, smooth trim 1Z Vinyl and Rubber Approx £10

9. Window cleaner Autoglym Glass Polish Approx £5

Most will last you a couple of years though.

Was just looking at this post dude, pretty helpful like.

But i was just wandering where to puchase the following as i aint seen any of them in shops

1Z VINYL AND RUBBER care

Poorboys bold and bright tyre dressing or blackfireSonus Mild Green

Sonus Mild Green clay

Duragloss Shampoo

Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett Sealant x2

p21 wax

Can any one shed light on this ?

Cheers :cool: