ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wallops Cav....(not a Clio)

vaux cavalier
thought i had best come clean....

I don't drive a Clio.....the closest I've ever come to owning one is a Megane....

if you were to search my posts you will find i only post in response to questions regarding car audio, i don't claim to be an expert, but i would class myself as being almost competent ;)

My car audio consists of;

Headunit----Becker Mexico Pro
front components----Infinity 'Kappa' 6 1/2"
rear components----Infinity 'Kappa' 6 1/2" (mounted in sealed boot enclosures)....
4 channel amp----JBL PX300.4
mono amp----JBL/CROWN BPX2200
subs----JBL GTi 12" MKii X2

the initial build before upgrades...
89956702.jpg

2bb38702.jpg

new mono amp fitted with original subs (JBL P1220e X2)
STA60131.jpg

new subs fitted,(these subs require a mounting depth of 11", plus 3" for venting), as you can see the panels no longer fit, (but this will be sorted when its rebuilt later this year)......
LATESTSUBS.jpg

here's a pic showing the dual power supply and 'parallel' bridged sub outputs....

BPXCONNECTIONS.jpg

current output is a tad under 3kw rms.....current dB reading ??? will guess at mid 130s....

please note; this system was built by me, for me....it wasn't built for SPL, it wasn't built for quality....it was designed and built to play with the hatch open, as well as whilst being driven, with a little adjustment of the fader control it performs both tasks quite well.....

it will play almost anything from ABBA to Cliff Richard, from Elektro through to Disco, 80s Funk to Bass Mekanik......

hope you don't mind me not owning a Clio, (at 6' 3" i probably wouldn't fit:D)....

Looks good,

Think it would look really nice with a false floor, those amps in the false floor with just the window showing through to see the inside of the amps.

And possibly those speaker covers removed and the tweeters mounted behind the board so they sit flush?

Looks ok either way. Im planning a smaller install in my car sometime when ive got some money, however i want to go for the "stealth look" :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
looks like you know your stuff
but why have you signed up to cliosport if you dont have or had a clio? (i'm not saying your not welcome here)

Works...kind of...
Looks good chap. Not normally my find of thing, install wise, but I can appreciate the work gone in to it!

Loving that JBL Crown amp! :cool:

vaux cavalier
but why have you signed up to cliosport if you dont have or had a clio? (i'm not saying your not welcome here)

It's a hobby, i stumbled onto this forum when a certain Clio owner was having his LOUD Clio slated.....

whilst following that thread it became apparent that a few Clio owners were asking questions about car audio which i could answer, so i carried on posting.....

i also post on other forums, (the Astra Owners Club to name one), but only in regards to car audio or other areas that i have experience in.....

Ph1 172 + Combo van

It's a hobby, i stumbled onto this forum when a certain Clio owner was having his LOUD Clio slated.....

whilst following that thread it became apparent that a few Clio owners were asking questions about car audio which i could answer, so i carried on posting.....

i also post on other forums, (the Astra Owners Club to name one), but only in regards to car audio or other areas that i have experience in.....
cool, well you helped me a few weeks back when i was asking about speakers so thanks!