ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales / South west Black Mountain Road Trip

Megane 225 F1
Okay guys here it is. We are joining the Welsh with their mountain run!

The Black Mountains

Fun: 10/10
Distance: 7/10 (64.8 miles from start to finish)
Intensity: 7/10

Time: 11 am
Date: Saturday October 23rd
Meeting Location: Gurnos Industrial Estate, Ystalyfera, Swansea, SA9 2HW

The plan is for us all to meet at Gurnos Industrial Estate for 11am. Then head north to The Black Mountain Pass travelling north to Llandovery. Then once at Llandovery heading east to Sennybridge and then South back to the Industrial Estate. Once we have hit back to the Industrial Estate its into a Swansea industrial estate for KFC/Pizza hut and then home from there.

The Black Mountain pass is certainly not to be sniffed at, with hair pins, twisties and scenic views its a cracking drive. From start to finish the whole trip is only 1hr45mins but we will be stopping on route for pictures and videos etc.

Route
mountains.png

Please only serious names to be put down. This isn't for people who don't like to drive your cars or not willing to spend money on petrol for a trip.

1. Will.

Last edited:
  Inferno 182
bugger I would of been up for this but unfortunately I'm working that saturday as well :dapprove:

Bux

Golf GTD
Why not, sounds like it could be fun :p I just hope i can afford it.

1. Will.
2. Newqs
3. Bux

Megane 225 F1
Yh I shall be having one on the m4 service's somewhere. Wouldn't expect us to all drive serperatly.

Can meet somewhere before as well if you fancy?

Megane 225 F1
Well you have my number, so just give me a buzz that morning and we can sort something out if you do decide to come.

Megane 225 F1
According to multimap, it's 2 and a half hours from mine so will leave with 3 hours to get there as meeting people at services etc, so probably around 8 ish.

Fiesta ST-3
Right guys took a trip up there on Tuesday. I didn't do the whole route, just over the black mountains and back. I have a few notes that I think you should all take into consideration before the meet.

There are:

No petrol stations so fill up before hand
Loads of sheep... so be warned
Large rocks very close to the road side
Huge speed bumps and very well hidden as i launched off of about 5 haha.

Anyways heres a few shots I took.

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Looks like it will be good mate. Great pics.

Looks like it could just be me from the South West coming :(

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Im from surrey (guildford) , thinking about coming on saturday, so we are meeting at 11am in swansea. how long is the cruise going on for as i have to be back in farnborough by 5pm latest

Megane 225 F1
Depending on how long it takes you to get back to Guildford. We would probably be finished driving by 2. I' wait to see what Scot says.

ok so Will and myself are meeting up here

Aztec Hotel & Spa
Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4TS

At 9:15 am

so if ay one fancys it at the last minute, get yourselfs over

will be more than welcome to jump in on the convoy.......(as long as its a black car :rasp: )

Megane 225 F1
FLOL Black FTW. Once you go black, you never go back.

(We do not condone racism. We also do not want black cars that are clean, showing us up

Storm Grey 200
Hmmm, I could go get my car tomorrow morning, its being a little temperamental at the moment tho. What time might you be driving past leigh delamere?