ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Walbro pump for 182 turbo?

late 2003 172cup
I need to buy a pump, I remember reading make sure I buy genuine? Has anybody bought one from eBay? Or any other supplier and it's genuine with all parts included to fit?
Any links would be great.

I have also been advised to buy a 1.2 housing setup as they use same as 172/182/ Twingo , pre fit walbro so all I have to do straight swap.
My car has an uprated pump already but it's giving up on me, hopefully it's similar to the walbro and my electrical connection is same.

Any Fitting tips would be great. Return etc?

Thanks in advance

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
First thing IMO and was advised to is to ditch the 182 fuel setup and use everything from a phase 1 Clio 172.

So that's the sender to which I had a Walbro 255 pump installed
Fuel Out and Return lines
Fuel Rail which has the FPR attached

Apparently the phase 1 fuel system is more stable when running boost.

13671296933_3cc85fa34a_z.jpg
. by Ricard o1, on Flickr

13671624004_06c81bb771_z.jpg

13671581434_5ef5f030c2_z.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm not running a swirl pot setup... yet, so at the moment the fuel return runs from the rail back to the fuel sender unit

late 2003 172cup
Yeah what I mean is does the return feed back into the standard swirl pot? According to my brother mine was just drilled at top so fuel just drops back in tank.

Does anyone know if we can use newer housing from mk3 Clio? Or Dacia ones?

Cheers

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I use the complete phase 1 fuel setup as fitted to all standard Clio 172s from the factory, so it runs back to the fuel sender if that's what you refer to as the swirl pot. Nothing drilled, if you look at the sender unit in the pic above it has the 2 outlets for fuel out and return. If you look at the 182 sender unit in the tank there's only 1 outlet, fuel OUT. The phase 1 sender and the later 172s and 182s are completely different.

late 2003 172cup
Looks like yours uses same plug as mine too. Some have an inline plug.

Thanks for your feed back.
I already have megane rail and injectors so I just need to sort pump and housing out

late 2003 172cup
R
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414862266.986367.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414862279.770175.jpg

All done, loads better, new walbro, no noise. Old one had so much dirty around the filter, the return is better design.
Need another throttle body now tho, bit rattly.
But pump is better.
Thanks for advice given chaps