ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VXR Berg crash at the Ring.

Porsche Boxster987S
i agree with you danny tbh , gutted for the boy. God knows how the lad must be feeling tbh.

Swift Sport
A few points:

1. Entry speed was too high.
2. He's bloody unlucky.
3. He will have learnt from the mistake.
4. If you dont crash at least once, you're not trying hard enough ...
5. Ring insurance is nigh on on impossible on TF. When it is, its ££££££'s

Tbh, there is so much fail in this thread, & not just from the understeering VXR driver :dapprove:

Agreed.

I was gutted when I witnessed my pal bin his £500 corsa never mind a £15k car. Just being at the scene of an accident, no matter how expensive the car is is gutting. Especially the smell of petrol/oil/air bags

R27
If I were the driver I would have cried all the way home.

Shame as it was a nice car but one less Nurburgring edition out there now.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

'Touristenfarten', ie tourist day, ie open to public ...

I personally think people need to take a look at themselves, all this talk of 'running out of talent' and 'epic fail' - seriously, how many of you have actually been on a track day/raced/driven properly/hard. Think about it. Would you even know what do do in the event of epic understeer/oversteer/death, etc. No? Then realise what you are saying.

Everyone makes mistakes. Tbh, its impressive that he had the balls to do the ring, half of the jessies on here wouldnt do it in case they got a fly on their 'freshly detailed chariot' ...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I personally think people need to take a look at themselves, all this talk of 'running out of talent' and 'epic fail' - seriously, how many of you have actually been on a track day/raced/driven properly/hard. Think about it. Would you even know what do do in the event of epic understeer/oversteer/death, etc. No? Then realise what you are saying.

Everyone makes mistakes. Tbh, its impressive that he had the balls to do the ring, half of the jessies on here wouldnt do it in case they got a fly on their 'freshly detailed chariot' ...

Running out of talent is what it was though, he took the bend far too fast? He apparently has said it himself so technically he did run out of talent!

I can totally sympathise with the lad but he knew the risks and went for it so fair play i say!

Slow in, fast out isnt it? He just went fast, then faster lol

Swift Sport

I like it, and you're saving me from saying it lol. :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Running out of talent is what it was though, he took the bend far too fast? He apparently has said it himself so technically he did run out of talent!

I can totally sympathise with the lad but he knew the risks and went for it so fair play i say!

Slow in, fast out isnt it? He just went fast, then faster lol

You are entirely correct Danny, he did run out of talent, but we all do at some point, even F1's drivers do it occasionally; its called pushing the boundaries, & its imperative when learning new skills. Its certainly not something to mock extensively! Mind you, such 'driver development' does cost a small fortune when it goes wrong though ...

I like it, and you're saving me from saying it lol. :)

I couldn't just sit back & watch any longer :eek:

Si

RS Clio 172
I <3 Dave, Ste and Kev.

Dave you've hit the nail square on the head with your last post.

SQ5

Done plenty of trackdays and drive very hard when the time is right. He did run out of talent, on a track he had little experience on, expecially one like Nurburgring, he was going beyond his limits.

I also take pride in not detailing my car ;)

Swift Sport
4602702558_586387957b_o.png

a thirsty one
too many people talk a good game from behind the laptop sat in the bedroom of their parents house, we are by the nature of the club we're members of all petrol heads.

messing up on a track day is nothing to be ashamed about, only people who have never done a track day would have a cheap dig at anyone who has ever crashed. you dont go there to fcuk about you go there to push the limits of you/car/track in relative safety to others.

when an bttc or f1 driver spins out do we jump all over them with mocking comments? he may have been going a little fast it was a mistake and thats all. look at the pics and take away only the fact trackdays and racing provides some of the highest highs and lowest lows.

when someone has made a mistake and on a low it should only act as a reminder to those of us who actually take our cars onto track the risks you take, those who get their highs from illegal street racing or bad mouthing a mistake you need to have a word with yourself.

better at the ring on a track than blasting up and down your local road like some pricks do.

everyone makes a mistake

has kevo been banned for his comments in this thread?

Last edited:
Just cant believe if you were going to go that far, and risk that much financially (as anyone on the ring does) you wouldnt spend 30 minutes learning the track from one of the myriad of games that have it, or even a couple of YT videos.

Bad luck 'an all but its a brilliant advert for starting slow and knowing your limits.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I keep watching it and still cannot believe how fast he was going! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
too many people talk a good game from behind the laptop sat in the bedroom of their parents house, we are by the nature of the club we're members of all petrol heads.

messing up on a track day is nothing to be ashamed about, only people who have never done a track day would have a cheap dig at anyone who has ever crashed. you dont go there to fcuk about you go there to push the limits of you/car/track in relative safety to others.

when an bttc or f1 driver spins out do we jump all over them with mocking comments? he may have been going a little fast it was a mistake and thats all. look at the pics and take away only the fact trackdays and racing provides some of the highest highs and lowest lows.

when someone has made a mistake and on a low it should only act as a reminder to those of us who actually take our cars onto track the risks you take, those who get their highs from illegal street racing or bad mouthing a mistake you need to have a word with yourself.

better at the ring on a track than blasting up and down your local road like some pricks do.

everyone makes a mistake

has kevo been banned for his comments in this thread?

I bet you're a right laugh to go out with aren't you.

172 ph1
good god it looks like he did not brake for that corner

feel somewhat sorry for him but then he was going for a laptime on his 2nd! lap?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
iv nearly had a few bad crashes on that corner.... luckily i could rewind tho and take a better line..

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im still shocked he wasnt insured.If he had gone in a £500 astra GTE and wrote it off then fine.A new VXR is just a no...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Normal trackday, walk away and spend a few hours removing gravel. But by all accounts the margins are a lot finer at the ring.
Credit to him for putting his hands up and not blaming phantom diesel/animal/britney spears for the accident.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
As much as anyone can say they 'know' the ring, you have to accept that the risks of an incident are high.

More so if you are a regular.

I strongly advise anyone who goes to think about where they might get a large sum of money from should the worse happen.

Having "probably" experienced a crash there, I can honestly say it makes you think very hard about the next 'fast lap' you start out to do.

It also gives you an immense respect for the awesome place that it is.

Sightseeing laps for me these days:approve:

Last edited by a moderator:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cunney said:
No idea bud, but it's a track that you pay to use like any other so can't see why not
No, as tom said it isn't. At least not on the public days, and I know my policy excludes the nurburgring toll road.

200 FF Storm Grey
Wrong. Its a toll road.

Well then there's no reason why he wouldn't be covered under insurance if insurers see it that way although I think you'd have an hard time persuading them seeing as it has most toll roads don't having timing gates and hair pins lol